Monday, March 30, 2015

Weekending

Friday
We ventured out across the border to do some shopping in the States. Since Target has closed up shop in Canada, I have been seriously missing my fix. It's one of those stores that has everything and then some. These two Threshold items really caught my attention.


How cute, right? I have zero purpose for them, but they sure are fun. I ended up getting this top and a few things to fill my niece's Easter basket with.

The best part of States shopping is always the food that isn't available here. We dined at Firehouse.


The turkey cranberry is the best sub in the world. Hands down. No question.

Saturday
Saturday was pretty low key. We started out the day nice and slow with a yummy breakfast followed by couch potatoing


We eventually peeled ourselves off the couch to do chores and run some errands. So exciting. Saturday night we stayed in, cracked open a bottle of wine, and played a riveting game of "throw the sockball in the hamper".


Mike, who has been playing baseball and basketball all his life, was royally beaten by yours truly! Total fluke but possibly the highlight of the weekend. It can get pretty intense with how competitive we get.

Sunday
Yesterday was Draft Day for Mike's fantasy baseball team which meant the house was filled with boys and looked like this:


I whipped up some snacks and got out of there. I spent the afternoon with my mom and brother playing video games and skyping with our family in Poland.

Overall a wonderful weekend. What did you guys do?


4 comments:

  1. Oh I love your new finds from Target - they would look great on a few shelves that I have!! Also, Fire House is just the best!! Happy Monday! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that top that you score at Target - such a great price point!! It sounds dramatic, but I don't know what I would do without Target :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, not at all dramatic. I was devastated when the news broke that the Canadian Target stores were closing. I'm just going to have to make more frequent trips across the border and help stimulate the American economy! haha

      Delete
  3. I cannot even IMAGINE not having a Target!! Can you still get stuff shipped to you?

    ReplyDelete