Thursday, April 23, 2015

My Makeup Routine

I have gotten a little bit more into makeup lately. It's so much fun to play with different products and colours. I have come a long way from doing my makeup in the car. I think what really inspired me to get better was having a little vanity desk in the house. Now I have a pretty place to get ready in the morning that I enjoy being at. But that's another tale for another day.

My motto these days is carpe diem. For example, my body may not want me to wear heels when I'm older, so I wear them now. And likewise, I may not have the time to play around with makeup as life gets busier. A lot of my mama friends always say that their mornings are crazy between getting the kids up and ready, making breakfast, packing lunches, all while trying to get themselves ready too. So I want to take advantage of the calmer mornings I have.

I guess what I'm getting at is that although this isn't the most basic that a makeup routine can be, I really enjoy it. And I don't have a reason not to do it, so why not!

Enough rambling. Let's get to the good stuff.


  1. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer - My skin gets really splotchy. I have redness around my t-zone, especially around my nose, and it's not cute. I put the concealer on underneath my foundation and it helps even out my colouring.
  2. MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation - This is my holy grail. I have tried other foundations as a means of having a less expensive option but I keep crawling back to this, vowing to never leave again. Coverage is amazing, longevity is amazing, colour match is amazing. I can't say enough good things about it.
  3. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer - This is to hide those late nights and early mornings. I love sleeping, but I hate going to sleep. Does that make sense? There is just so much effort involved so I always procrastinate and stay up longer than I should. Anyway, this under-eye concealer helps hide the dark circles and makes me look more awake.
  4. Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick - This is new in my routine. I have always used a little bit of blush, but never tried a cream blush. And I really like it! The cream consistency makes it look more natural. I use Coral Sheen for spring time and apply it with a makeup sponge. 
  5. CoverGirl TruBlend Pressed Powder - I use this powder with a big fluffy brush to set all the above cream products. And it does a great job and preventing me from getting too shiny throughout the day. I used to use a MAC powder but I went through it so fast and this seems to work just as well for a better price.
  6. MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot - Paint Pots are creamy eye shadows that last forever on your eyelid. They have some great colours but I only ever wear Painterly. It's a very nude shade that I use to mask any gross redness and vein-iness on my eyelid. Basically a concealer for my eyelid. It's also amazing under powered eye shadows to prevent creasing and increase longevity. 
  7. MAC Bronzing Powder - I use this interchangeably as bronzer in the warm months and contour in the colder months. To be honest, I am not married to this. I bought it forever ago and am still using it up. I think when it's done, I will look for a more affordable option as I don't really see anything special about this. Anyway, lately I have been brushing it in the hollow of my cheek and on my temples.
  8. CoverGirl Bombshell Intensity Liquid Liner - I love a winged eyeliner look. Like, love. I do it everyday. This liner lasts a couple of months before drying out and the sponge applicator tip does the job. Here's a great tutorial on how to perfect the cat eye.
  9. CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara - Ah, my ride or die. This mascara and I go waaaay back. We are in a very serious and committed relationship and nothing can tear us apart. I take my eyelashes very seriously and spend as much time on them as I do on the rest of my face. I buy the non-waterproof one in Very Black. 
  10. EOS Lip Balm - Not really makeup, but most days this is the only thing I wear on my lips. These little balls of happiness are everywhere in my life. I have one at work, in my purse, on my nightstand, and everywhere in between. I have yet to find a flavour I don't love and they are so hydrating. Cute and functional, win-win! 
  11. MAC Lip Stick - On the rare occasion that I want to amp up my lip look, I have a few lip sticks and glosses that I have accumulated over the years. I mentioned that I got my makeup done last weekend and I fell in love with MAC's Pure Vanity lipstick. I may not own it yet, but believe you me it's on the list! 
  12. For my eyebrows, I use an eyebrow pencil to make things look a little more full. I have no idea who makes the one I use because it's been sharpened so many times that the label is gone. I am not an expert in brows at all and have actually just started experimenting recently. There are so many products out there that this seemed like the easiest but I am open to learning more in this area! 
So that's it (ha!) for my everyday makeup routine. On fancier occasions I like to play a little bit with my Naked 2 palette. Or maybe a bolder lip if I choose to keep my eyes more simple. 

Do you have a beauty product that you are married to? I know you do, so spill! 

2 comments:

  1. I wish I was brave enough to play around with my make up! I just stick to my same ol' make up routine mostly because I don't really know how to do my make up, ha ha!
    So Mia is as obsessed with EOS as you and me :) She calls them "lips"! She even got her very own in her Easter basket because she loves them so much (and actually does a really good job with just applying on her lips instead of her whole face!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a MAC girl through and through too - I have sworn by their studio fix powder for the last 12 years...I love it!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete