Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Weekending: Easter

This weekend flew by. I was lucky enough to have four days off of work but we were so busy that I feel like I need another couple of days to recoup.

Friday
We went to my mom's house to celebrate Easter with my family. It was a calm day of eating, playing video games with my brother, and skyping with my family in Poland. We brought a ton of sweets over for my brother. He's almost ten I can't tell if he still believes in the Easter Bunny. When do kids usually figure things out? I don't want to blow it so we always play along. Maybe he's just playing along with us? I don't know. My mom got an iPhone so we were also trying to figure out Apple technology and switching things over. I love my iPhone and Apple products in general but setting things up is never easy. I know it's supposed to be simple but it's all above me and no matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to grasp it all.



Saturday
We did some painting! Our house is very open concept and one colour flows through all of the house. Eveything except for the bedrooms and bathrooms is this creamy vanilla colour that just isn't my jam. Yes, I chose it just three years ago but I don't know what I was thinking. My only explanation is that I must have been unknowingly hypnotized into thinking it was a good idea. Don't worry. It's has started to be rectified. I may do a separate blog post about it, but for now we have split the job into 5 parts and completed part 1 on Saturday! I originally planned to do much more, but like I said, busy weekend.



Sunday
Easter Sunday we went to my brother-in-law's house for holiday celebrations with my husband's family. We had a turkey dinner complete with stuffing, mashed potatoes, cannelloni, cranberry sauce, and so much more. I don't know what other people have for Easter dinner, but this is my favourite dinner of all time. And because we only have it for Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, it makes it so much more special. I could probably eat it everyday though. SO good! Oh and don't even get me started on the dessert. Ok. Enough about food. We got to see our niece Harper who is always the highlight of the holidays. That girl never runs out of energy. After dinner, the adults played the Game Of Things. Non-stop laughter and full tummies. We had a blast!

Monday
To  mark the start of baseball season, Mike and I went to an Opening Day party to watch the Blue Jays vs the Yankees game. Then later on was the college basketball championship game so my husband was basically in sports heaven all day.



Busy busy busy weekend! Almost none of our weekend chores got done so we will be playing catch up this week. BUT! I am very excited to report that I tried my first peeps this year! I must say that they are pretty tasty. Just no more than two at a time as I may fall into a sugar coma. Holy sweetness! I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend and that all the littles enjoyed their baskets!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Opening Day! Man- splitting the paint job into 5 parts.... yikes. We are in the throes of house hunting right now. I DREAM of painting (ok... maybe just getting out of this stage).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your house hunting! Depending on where you are, the real estate market is about to pick up again after the winter season!

      Delete
  2. What a great weekend and who doesn't love a long weekend!! Sounds like it was incredibly productive for you! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh long weekends are good for the soul! So happy Opening Day has arrived!! Woot Woot!

    ReplyDelete