Monday, April 20, 2015

Weekending

Friday
I looooove when my family comes over for the weekend. My mom and brother live about 40 minutes away and I don't get to see them as often as I would like. We try to have them over at least once a month for the weekend for some quality bonding. I picked up my brother on Friday after work, since my mom works on Saturday, and we spent the evening playing wii and eating pizza.

Saturday
We woke up to my brother-in-law and his wife come over for a mini gender reveal party with us. They are expecting their second bundle of joy in August and I couldn't be more excited. I'm going to be an auntie again! And this time, it's a BOY! And our last name officially lives on, yay!


After that, we took Philip for his first mini-golfing experience. Once he got going, he did great. Me on the other hand.... not so much. Let's just say I have no business showing face at the masters. But we had a great time and Mike even got a hole in one!



After minigolf, we stopped by Mike's parents' house and went grocery shopping. My mom came around dinner time, just in time for spaghetti and meatballs. And we ended the night with a card game.

Sunday
Here's a huge surprise: Sunday we painted. We tackled the main floor hallway, making the main floor of the house DONE. It was so great to have my mom help us a bit. My back is in permanent pain these days so I will be scheduling a chiropractor appointment this week for sure. We enlisted Philip to help as well. We was our tape taker-offer and switch plate reinstaller.


For dinner, my mom walked me through her nacho casserole recipe. Guys, this stuff is incredible. My husband loves it too. It's basically bar nachos on steroids.


After they left to go home, we had our weekly grocery shopping to do and when we got home, we basically crashed. We cozied up on the couch with Big Brother and the Kardashians.


I seriously think I need another day to recoup from a busy gogogo weekend.

2 comments:

  1. You'll need to share that recipe with us - it looks delicious!! And yay for another baby in the family! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete