Monday, April 27, 2015

Weekending

Friday
Mike and I went to the states for a few hours after work. Some outlets, some Target, but most importantly, Brickyard. We had dinner at Brickyard Restaurant in Lewiston, NY and it was woooonderful!


They have Southern BBQ cuisine which is one of my favourites and they definitely did not disappoint. That picture doesn't do it justice. The best part was their immensely large beer selection. I'm not a huge beer drinker, but I couldn't pass up their strawberry flavoured beer. Oh my goodness. SO good. Mike tried the watermelon one and that was fantastic too! Moral of the story: we will be going back there.


Saturday
If you had one guess as to what we did on Saturday, would you guess painting? Well, you'd be right! Congratulations. This weekend we painted our lower stairs and entryway.


We did both coats on Saturday and my body hates me. I have an appointment with my chiropractor this afternoon. I hope that we only have one more weekend of painting. Last zone is the upper stairs and upstairs hallway. I can't wait to show you guys the before and afters!!

Sunday
Mike joined a new softball team this year and Sunday they had a little mini practice before the season started. I have a couple friends whose husbands are on the team so I get to see them and their littles on a weekly basis now. Sitting in the stands, watching the boys play, drinking an iced coffee, catching some rays, and hanging with the girls is one of the best parts of summer.


Afterwards we stopped off at Ikea for hotdogs and a new shoe cabinet. We accidentally wrecked our old one so it had to be replaced.


I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Only 5 days until we get to do it all over again!

6 comments:

  1. The softball team seems like such fun -- for both of you! I can't think of many better ways to spend an afternoon! I can't wait to see your before and after. All the painting will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm massively impressed by your dedication to painting- like seriously. Teach me your ways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I hate painting, but love the look and smell of fresh paint. It looks great. And I so miss those days of my husband playing baseball and sitting in the stands watching! Perfect summer weekend fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your chiropractor appointment is going to feel like heaven!! Sounds like you had a seriously productive weekend! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo! Such a great weekend! You guys are making amazing progress with the painting of your home! But I do hope you receive major relief after visiting the chiropractor!

    ReplyDelete