Thursday, May 7, 2015

Celebrating Mom

I read a lot of blogs and more specifically, a lot of mommy blogs. These women have helped me realize a little bit of what it means to be a mother. I admire these women. I admire all mothers. They willingly put their bodies through excruciating, dramatic, beautiful changes. Pregnancy, labour, post partum, breastfeeding. It's so amazing what a woman's body is capable of. But it definitely doesn't stop there. It's clear that a mother's bond with her child is like no other. I see so much commitment, devotion, patience, and most importantly love in these women. Whether you are a working mom, a stay at home mom, a birth mom, an adoptive mom, a mom-to-be, I bow down to you!

I'm looking at Mother's Day from a different perspective this year. It may be because all my friends are having babies, or because I read a lot about it on the internet, or because I am realizing that soon it will be me. I am starting to understand what motherhood entails. From the moment those two little lines appear on the stick, your life changes. It's hard work and it's so rewarding.


With Mother's Day this weekend, I want to take a moment to celebrate my mom. She is such a strong beautiful woman that has taught me countless life lessons. She taught me to work hard, be independent, be polite, and to be proud of who I am. To this day I look to her for guidance and I'm sure that will multiply tenfold when I become a mom. We moved to a new country when I was five, where she barely spoke the language, had no job, and knew no one here. With my father travelling for work, she was my primary caregiver. I attribute so much of my success to her.

Thank you Mom for everything. I love you.



5 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! Your mom sounds like an amazing woman!! I'm always in awe of people who don't speak a language and forge through to do what's best for their kids. Hats off and Happy Mother's Day to your mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written! Tears in my eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like it always comes back to our mothers. These strong women who raised us to be the person we are today. Your mom sounds wonderful! And I'm glad you'll be celebrating mother's day with a new perspective this year, whenever you become a mother it's always a gift and joy, even if it's one of the hardest things to do.

    Liz → {sundays with sophie}

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great post!! I have to say I'm in the same boat and thinking of mother's day a bit differently this year!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. awhh!!! you are awesome and your mom is awesome! Such a sweet tribute to your mama and all the mamas out there :) And your wedding dress girl, it's GORGEOUS!
    Xo Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete