Wednesday, May 27, 2015

FH Travels: Pittsburgh (May 2015)

Mike and I drove down to Pittsburgh on Saturday morning just for the day. The GPS tells us that it takes around 4 hours to drive down without any stops or traffic.


But of course we stopped! Hello, there's a Chick-Fil-A in Erie, PA and their special sauce was calling our names. Erie has the closest Chick-Fil-A location to us so it's a mandatory stop. 


Next stop: Target. I have said this a thousand times already but I am devastated that Target closed in Canada so every time I cross into the States, it must be visited. And in true Target fashion, a rug unexpectedly jumped into my shopping cart. Are we even surprised? 

The main purpose of this little roadtrip was to see a Pirates game. Mike has loved the Pirates since he was little and we have been going together for a few years now. And this game also had Matt Harvey pitching for the Mets, who is one of Mike's favourite players. The weather was beautiful for a ball game and it's always fun to sit in the stands with Mike instead of watching him play from afar. 


The Pirates won 8-2 and the Jolly Roger was raised! The park has such beautiful views of the skyline but I didn't remember to take pictures any until we left.



They close down the bridge closest to PNC Park (Clemente Bridge, named after a former player) for pedestrians and it basically turns into a street party every time. 


The game ended around 7pm and it was time for dinner. We always aim to eat at places we don't have here in Canada and Sonic is one of our favourites. Super unhealthy day, but when in Rome...



Let's not talk about the milkshake we had for dessert. Too much junk and I have been detoxing for two days now. But so good!

And the last USA specialty location we visited was Trader Joes. I have actually never been in TJs before but I heard so much about it from other bloggers. Specifically about those Cookie Butter cookies. I can't wait to try them! 



After that, we hit the road and headed home. All in all it was a very busy day but so fun to get away from home for the day. If only we were able to do this more often! 

9 comments:

  1. I have my complaints about Target (after working there in the past) but I would hate if they closed...they do have some cute and pretty things, and I like the Archer Farms products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this trip... believe me TJs, CFA, and Target are a part of my weekly routine- although I have to limit my time at Target or I won't have the $s for the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day! I have to go to target tonight and I'm already pep talking myself to just go in for what I am looking for and get out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun roadtrip! Those cookies look amazing! I have yet to even try to TJs cookie butter. I always hesitate to buy it because I'll eat the whole tub. ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had a great day trip!!! I think all the places you visited are reason enough to come over the border!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love a good day trip! I don't know what I would do without Chickfila, Target or Trader Joes…three of my favorites that I take for granted! Just more of a reason for you to visit the states more often! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH my goodness, I live in Canada too and I am devastated as well about Target leaving! Why?!?! I agree with you about that place being known for things jumping into your cart, it was a love hate relationship haha. Did you manage to get the Cookie Butter (made out of the cookie butter cookies) at Trader Joe's? My brother-in-law goes to school in the States and brought some back. Next time you go, def get some, it's unbelievable! Anyway, so glad I found your blog!!
    Love, Beth xoxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. you worked in a Chick Fil-a and a Trader Joes stop during your trip! I would say you are one lucky girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love how you hit the best places!! i take those places for granted here in Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete