Thursday, May 14, 2015

Sick Day

Things around here have been a little rough. I don't know if the stomach flu came to visit me or if I got food poisoning.

Monday night I started to feel a little bit woozy but didn't think much of it. The next morning everything went downhill from the moment I woke up. I'll spare you the gross details.

I have been asleep for most of the past 48 hours, with zero appetite. So if nothing else, maybe I'll manage to lose a couple pounds from all of this. Mike has been so sweet and helpful, encouraging me to eat food, letting me rest, and getting me anything that I need.

I feel slightly on the mend today but still not 100%. I'm trying to take it easy and not over do anything. I really hate calling in sick to work but unfortunately this was unavoidable.

Do you have any upset tummy remedies? I'll try anything!


7 comments:

  1. Oh no! Feel better soon! Being sick is the worst, so hopefully you're back to 100% in no time! My tummy remedies include a lot of whining, dog cuddling, and netflixing. None of these things will actually relive any pain, but they do help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! That's the worst! I wish I knew of a secret to help you feel better! If you find one, let me know! Hope you feel better ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I'm sorry girl!! I hope you feel better in time for the weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, girl! That sounds awful. I hope you feel better!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ramen noodles are my cure for everything...stomach-aches, period cramps, hangovers, just about anything. The beef or pork flavors are best. I leave the broth in (some people drain it out).

    ReplyDelete
  6. yikes! feel better and drink a TON of fluids. i love propel when i get sick. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband and I both had this exact same thing last week! It's miserable. I totally feel for you. Neither of us could eat for days. He lost 8 pounds...I gained 3. Go figure. Mac & Cheese and Gatorade. Good luck! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete