Monday, May 11, 2015

Weekending: Mother's Day

Friday
We had a fun cousin evening planned. Mike went to the driving range with some of his family and I stayed home with one of his younger cousins and hung out. We baked banana bread and played video games!


Afterwards we all went out for ice cream. I have to stop all this bad eating. I feel like I just have treat after treat and it's definitely taking a toll. Frappy Happy Hour didn't help last week either. But the chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard (with extra stuff) was not letting me walk out of there empty handed.


Saturday
We drove down to the states for a little bit of shopping. I was really hoping to buy a couple of the colours from the new Essie Summer Collection but Target didn't have them stocked yet. I have my eye on Peach Side Babe and Sunset Sneaks. But I did manage to wipe the shelves clean of the Sweet Blush & Agave candles. I heard a rumour that this scent may be discontinued and I wasn't about to take any chances. Needless to say, we have enough candles now to last us a long while.

After shopping, we met up with Mike's parents, who were also shopping in NF, to celebrate Mother's Day. We had a nice dinner at one of our favourite American restaurants. And yes, more fruity beer was consumed. I had the watermelon and Mike tried the blueberry. So fun!
 

On our way home, we got some hanging baskets as our traditional Mother's Day gifts and sneakily hung them on my MIL's porch to wake up to the next day. She loved them!

Sunday
Mike had a softball game on Sunday morning and we spent the rest of the day with my family. We took my mom out to lunch at Symposium Cafe. So good. And I think she loved it!



I got my favourite meal of all time: butter chicken. So good.


And with that, I am completely exhausted. The whole weekend was go,go,go. There was zero sleeping in and the list of things to do around the house is too long for me to think about. But now it's Monday and we can restart!

I hope all the mamas out there had a wonderful Mother's Day!

~
Linking up with Biana at BLoved Boston

9 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend girl!!! I would be tired tooo, but at least you were surrounded by good food and good company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been craving a DQ blizzard for the last week. YUM!! I am so with you on treat after treat, oops! I guess that's why I workout... I can't stop eating the treats! Ah!
    What a perfect weekend! So busy but so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is seriously no DQ close to where I live......it is a problem especially when I see yummy pics like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's so cool that you can just drive over from Canada on the weekends!! Sounds like a wonderful weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had such a busy weekend too -- wishing for just one more day! But it looks like such a great one, with lots of family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you hung the plants on her porch as a surprise. I might copy that next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those places you ate look so delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an exciting and fun filled weekend! Love the hanging baskets for your mother's day gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, those hydrangeas are beautiful!! Everything looks so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete