Monday, May 4, 2015

Weekending

Friday
After a long day of meetings, I was completely ready for the weekend. We went to Sew Hungry! It's a food truck festival that we went to Friday night for dinner. The long long lines were worth the wait. We ate at Dirty South and Choco Churros. I'll let the pictures do the talking.


After we got home, a couple friends came over for a little bit. It was the perfect way to end a busy work week.

Saturday
I know the plan was to paint every weekend until everything is done, but guys, my back is toast. It is in constant pain and I seriously needed a break. I have been seeing my chiropractor but I think I may need to take things up a notch because so far, no treatment is helping. So, no painting this weekend. And not next weekend with mother's day and other busy-ness.

Anyway, on Saturday we woke up to the glorious news that a princess was born!! I was glued to the TV all morning waiting for them to emerge from the Lindo Wing. She is so so so adorable and Kate looked so amazing. I'm pretty sure that's not normal. She's so perfect and I strive to have even just half of her grace.


I am dying with anticipation for what the princess' name will be. I am guessing Alice. Hopefully they will reveal the name today**! I love the Royal family and am proud to live in one of their Commonwealth countries! To celebrate the birth of a new #royalbaby, Canada lit up the CN Tower and Niagara Falls pink. I managed to convince Mike to drive down to the falls with me to see.


Sunday
Mike's first softball game of the year ever was Sunday morning. It was a gorgeous day, his team won, and I got to hang out with my BFF and her little one in the stands. Win win win.


The evening was filled with grocery shopping, laundry, and TV watching. And with that, it's Monday. And May!

Hope you all had a great weekend too!

** UPDATE: Her name is Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. I couldn't think of a more perfect name. LOVE IT!

8 comments:

  1. Visiting from the link up and excited to have stumbled across another Canadian here in blogland! I was eagerly following Royal Baby news for the last few days, Kate is just the best! I'm a little disappointed they went with Charlotte, I was hoping they'd choose Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That festival sounds amazing!! How do you feel about the name - I thinks it's perfect! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm hungry! Yummm.

    Painting is horrible. Just horrible. We ended up hiring someone to do most of ours since we had so much to do. It was the first time we ever hired anyone to do it and it was so worth it but then when we decided we wanted to do the dining room and we did it ourselves. I always regret taking on painting. So much work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm hungry! Yummm.

    Painting is horrible. Just horrible. We ended up hiring someone to do most of ours since we had so much to do. It was the first time we ever hired anyone to do it and it was so worth it but then when we decided we wanted to do the dining room and we did it ourselves. I always regret taking on painting. So much work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, the royal family is the definition of perfect. I love the name that they picked out for her, such a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, yes, yes... that food looks AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't keep up with the royal family much, but I like that name. Very classic-sounding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am blown away that Niagra Falls turned pink, how fab! I'm english and delighted with our new princess too. I also love her name, Elizabeth is Kate's middle name too but everyone seems to have forgotten that ha! Seems like a great weekend all round xx

    ReplyDelete