Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Guys Behind The Blog - June

I am so excited to be linking up to this series! Once a month, Betsy at Heavens To Betsy hosts a series that spotlights the amazing men in our lives. I have been waiting all month for this post! I talk to Mike all the time about my blogging and he has been such a great supporter of my new hobby. 



So let's give him some airtime.

Q: What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on?
A: Oh man, that is a tough one. I’ve been to so many wonderful places both with Evelina and my family like New York City, Miami, Boston, Pittsburgh, and Poland to name a few, but my favourite vacation was this past December to Chapel Hill, North Carolina. For as long as I can remember I’ve been a huge UNC basketball fan but for whatever reason I was never able to convince my family to visit North Carolina. I’m guessing it’s probably because we went on most of our trips during the summer and there’s no college basketball or college football going on then. If you’ve never been to Chapel Hill, the entire town is about the University. There are so many little stores dedicated to UNC along Franklin Street (the main street), and so many restaurants have UNC memorabilia hanging - even the fire trucks are Carolina Blue! I was in heaven. I’d love to live there, but alas, I’ll have to settle for visiting as often as I can.



Q: If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
A: Without any restrictions to question 2, I’d have to say I’d go to Chapel Hill, but I don’t think that’s in the spirit of the question. If I could go anywhere that I haven’t yet been, I’d go to California. I’d love to drive up and down the coast from San Diego to San Francisco and see Los Angeles and everything in between. Of course, baseball games in San Diego, Anaheim, LA, San Francisco, and Oakland would be a must. Somehow I don’t think my ideal vacation is the same as Evelina’s, but I’d make sure to find plenty of Kardashian and celeb related sites to make this trip palatable for her.

Q: Are there any summer traditions that you have or would like to start? (think things like big picnics, summer activities, bonfires, or day trips!)
A: One summer tradition that Evelina and I have is making a road trip on our wedding anniversary of August 4th. On our first anniversary we went to Niagara Falls, and last year we took a quick road trip to Cleveland and toured the city and saw the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. We’re fortunate to have a lot of places within a reasonable driving distance, and this has been a good excuse to get out and see them.



Q: The 4th of July is coming up…what’s a must-have picnic or BBQ food for you?
A: My must-have food for a cookout is hot dogs. They are such a staple for events like this, and there has to be a reason for that, right? But I am a little picky about my hot dogs – they have to be good jumbo sized hot dogs, not the little tiny ones! I don’t like mustard or ketchup, just diced onions and tomatoes. If those aren’t available, then I’m taking them plain (I know, how boring!).

Q: Think about your ideal vacation…are you in a cozy cabin, camping in a tent, or hanging in a hotel?
A: I am probably the prissiest traveler person you will ever meet. I need all my first-world amenities like a shower, a nice TV, and a comfortable bed. I hate to get dirty and I hate bugs. The idea of camping and sleeping in a tent sounds more like hell than a vacation to me. Give me a hotel (minimum three stars!) and I’m a happy camper (no pun intended!).

So that's who's sitting beside me on the couch. I love this man so so much. He's the best and everything you just read is 100% true. He loves his Tar Heels! When we went on that trip to North Carolina, we saw 4 basketball games in 8 days! He was in heaven. He has been talking about going back ever since. He already has our next visit 99% planned haha! 



Thanks for participating, Babe! I think we will have to do this again next month! 

11 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! I love it when the men take over our blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I'm with your husband, camping isn't really my thing either :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love hearing about the men behind our blogs. I wish they weren't so elusive. I'm all about a nice hotel though, sorry, can't do camping and cabins aren't for me

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun series! My husband and I really want to drive down the CA coast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awhhh so cute and love supportive husbands :) it's the best!! You guys HAVE to visit San Fran soon, it is seriously so amazing and beautiful and there is sooo much to do!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! His answer to his dream vacation is so cute that he would include all the celeb stops for you! Thanks for linking up with us and letting us get to know your guy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, this was amazing!!! I think I would get along with your husband quite well lol. I'm a pretty prissy traveler too :) Oh and you should totally come to California! And those baseball games are a must - especially the Angels. But you know, I think I might be partial to that :) I think you said you live in Canada, but you sure do travel to the US a lot, so you must live close to the border.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this. I keep meaning to do one of these too! One day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is so cute. Love the black and gold color palette.

    Kaitlyn @ Kaitlyn-Danielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete