I am here today to share with you my favourite sweet treat. S'mores. I seriously find it difficult to not have a dozen of these every day.
Ever since Jillian at Cornflake Dreams mentioned these in a post, they have been on my mind. And since I don't have access to an outdoor fire pit, the microwave has to do. While it's definitely not the same, it does a pretty good job!
-. 2 graham crackers
- 1 piece of chocolate
- 1 jumbo marshmallow
- On a paper towel, layer a graham cracker, chocolate, and marshmallow
- Microwave for 15 seconds (watch it to make sure the marshmallow doesn't get too large)
- Top with second graham cracker
- Wait 5-10 second for the chocolate to melt a little from the heat of the marshmallow
- Enjoy and try to not to eat a million on these.
But if you do become addicted (like I am), I take no responsibility! I am warning you now.
I have seen several derivations from this basic recipe such as substituting the graham crackers for chocolate chip cookies (heaven!), adding in nutella, sticking a mini chocolate bar in there. Mmmmmm mmm!