Thursday, July 9, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

I am so psyched about this! One of the most exciting things about blogging is the people you can connect with from all over the world. It's a little community that is so unique and wonderful. Chasin' Mason is one of my favourite blogs and the lovely Elizabeth is always a joy to read. She has a beautiful family and a huge heart. And she also happened to nominate me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers award!


I have to be honest and say that I didn't know it was a thing until now but it's huge! I googled around and this award goes way back. Like, years. The award recognizes the unique voices of women bloggers around the world. Isn't that amazing? Now, being only a few months into this blogging thing, I believe I am faaar from worthy but it's still so cool to be nominated! Thanks Elizabeth!

So here are the rules:
1. Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
2. Answer a few questions about yourself.
3. Nominated 5-10 blogs that you love.
4. Include the award logo within your blog post.

Elizabeth asked the following questions:

1. What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
Honestly, I wanted to try a new hobby when I started this blog. My husband is always watching sports and I would get antsy sitting on the couch. I read so many other people's blogs and thought it would be fun to join in on the conversations. I felt a little creepy reading other blogs and knowing about other people's lives and not sharing my own. I also love the community that it fosters. I believe you can always learn something from another person and I definitely have!

2. What have you learned about blogging since you started?
Um, everything. Starting a blog forces you to learn a lot, and quickly. Formatting, editing, photography, etc. But I think most importantly I learned about my own voice. I write about things that interest me and that grows my confidence. I still have a lot to learn and am very excited about getting better at this over time.

3. Provide a link to your favourite blog post.
My favourite post has to be my very first one. I remember writing it and being so terrified. I went back and forth a ton on whether I wanted to publicly join blogland. I think I sat on it for a month or so before finally hitting the publish button. And honestly, it has been so wonderful. I am so happy that I chose to go for it.

4. Have you made virtual friends since you started blogging? Have you met them "in real life"?
I am still new but I think I am starting to form some great friendships with some of the ladies behind the blogs. I think it's so cool to know people that live all over the place. Of course, the distance makes meetups a little challenging. Thank goodness for the internet!

5. Does your family read your blog and if so does this affect what you say or how you say it?
I am pretty sure my husband is the only one that reads it. (Hi Babe!) He is so supportive and wonderful about this whole blog thing. I don't find it affects what I write because who I am on my blog is who I am in my regular life. Sometimes I think that he might think what I talk about here is lame and pointless and that's totally fine with me. Like, who needs to talk about their makeup routine? I do. It's girltalk!

6. What's your favourite thing to eat and drink in the summer?
Oooo that's tough. It changes on the regular. Right now I am loving fruit infused water. Any fruit laying around is bound to get chopped up and added to ice cold water for a refreshing drink. As for food, I don't really care what it is as long as I can eat it outdoors. Dining al fresco is one of my favourite parts of summer and I try to do it as often as I can!

7. Are you a nail polish fan? If so, what colour and what brand are your favourite?
I can't remember the last time I had naked nails. I am all about the polish!! I have a nice little collection that grows almost weekly. My husband collects jerseys, I collect nail polish. And I have to say I'm a little bit of a polish snob. I only buy Essie because I just love their colour selection, formula, and that cute little square bottle. Something else I am snooty about it season-appropriate colours. You won't find me rocking a navy or burgundy in the spring. For summer, I love the bright reds, peaches, corals and the occasional soft pink to highlight my tan. Right now I have clambake on my fingers and peach side babe on my toes.

8. What is your go-to meal for dinner?
We usually try to meal plan as much as possible and shop accordingly to have fresh ingredients. But something we always in the freezer is chicken burgers and buns. So when we're in a pinch, that's what we are having.

9. What is your favourite holiday and why?
Not a holiday for everyone, but I love our anniversary. We got married in 2012 and every year we have made a point to celebrate it by travelling. Even if it's just a day trip somewhere close. I find that these memories are sometimes so much more sentimental than any gift we would buy each other. I really hope to continue this tradition when we have kids!

10. What is one piece of advice you would give fellow bloggers?
I don't know if I am qualified to give advice this early in the game. However I have read some pretty great tips from other bloggers. One that really stuck out for me is to reply to your commenters and don't be a no-reply blogger! Back and forth comments really allow you to get to know other bloggers and it helps spread the word about your little piece of the internet.

So fun! I struggled to choose which blogs to nominate because there are so many amazing ones that I read regularly and love. But I am nominating:
- Alanna at Alanna & Company
- Biana at B Loved Boston
- Shay at Great Now What
- Laura at Happily Ever Parker
- Caitlyn at Home Sweet Ruby
- Ashley at Life On Meyers
- Shelby at Making Waves
- Sarah at Saraphrasing Life
- Liz at Sundays with Sophie
- Christina at The New Mrs.

And my questions to you are:
1. What made you start blogging?
2. What is one challenge that you face with blogging and how do you overcome it?
3. What has been your biggest success with blogging?
4. What are your favourite kinds of posts to read?
5. If you could travel back in time, which decade would you travel to?
6. If you could travel back in time, what would you tell your high school self?
7. If you could meet anyone, living or not, who would it be?
8. Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
9. Who is your celebrity crush?
10. Do you collect anything?

I can't wait to hear your answers! Have fun!

9 comments:

  1. So much fun, Evelina! Thanks for tagging me, I can't wait to pop in and do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree that the relationships we make from blogging are the best!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! This blogging community is just the best. I had no idea that I'd make so many friends and connections in real life from blogging. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Loved getting to know you better and I had no idea you just started blogging this year! How awesome. I'm glad you hit publish :) It sounds like we are a lot a like... too bad we live on opposite sides of the country!

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEEK! I loved this! You have a much more refined voice for a new blogger- I respect that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had never heard of this blog award before seeing it on Liz's blog! Had no idea it goes back so far! But I LOVED reading this and getting to know you better!! So glad you decided to start a blog of your own!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on being nominated babe!!! I'm so happy for you. And thank you for nominating me! I had no idea you nominated me until I finished reading your post :)

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on being nominated!! I had never heard of this before, so fun!!

    ReplyDelete