Monday, July 27, 2015

Weekending


I hope everyone had a lovely and relaxing weekend!

This weekend's theme was sports. Friday night and Sunday morning Mike had softball games and the weather for both was gorgeous. Actually we had amazing weather all weekend long. Days like these are what summer is all about. Sitting outside with the ladies, watching our boys play ball. I love it every year!

On Saturday, the FIFA World Cup 2018 Qualifier draw took place and we watched to see where Poland would be placed. Neither Mike nor I are huge soccer fans but I will alwaysalwaysalways cheer for my country! It seems like Poland got a pretty good group so everyone back home is hopeful for a successful World Cup run. Also, they are in Group E, which is my first initial, so clearly that means success. (LOL)


On Sunday, we watched the Baseball Hall of Fame Induction ceremony. Pedro Martinez is Mike's all-time favourite athlete so it was emotional to see him be celebrated for his accomplishments. Mike had originally planned to go to Cooperstown for the induction but settled for watching it on TV instead. I thought his speech was amazing. His energy, appreciation, and love for his home country were so awesome to see.


And then to round off the sports-themed weekend, we watching the closing cemeronies of the Pan-Am Games. We actually didn't catch any of the actual games which I sort of regret. Not only were most of the events a quick drive away, we didn't even watch them on TV. Based on the recaps, some of the events looked pretty fun. But alas, we watched the very end and I thought they did a really nice job representing the different participating countries and passing the torch off to Peru. I loved the Peruvian folk dancing! And Pitbull and Kanye were so good! They killed it! I'm definitely a fan of both of them!


We did manage to get away from all the sports on Saturday night to celebrate a couple of our friends' birthdays. A large group of us went to an outdoor restaurant/bar on the water. We had a great time which included mojitos and even a little dancing. I look super weird and sweaty in this photo but I love the string lights!


With that, I am saying adios to the weekend. I am excited about the posts I have lined up for this week so make sure to check back for those. Thanks as always for reading!

~
Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for her Weekending series!

5 comments:

  1. I love your picture :) So much sports in your weekend.

    Yes I clearly believe they will be successful because of hte matching E :)

    You do not look super sweaty and weird, you look happy and beautiful

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saturday night out looks like so much fun! And of course all the sports!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My weekend theme was sports too.. haha! Hope you have a good week!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend! I love going to restaurants on the water! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saying hello :) thanks for always leaving such sweet comments on my blog!

    -Veronika

    ReplyDelete