Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Wreath Switcheroo

A few days ago, my mother-in-law surprised us with such a beautiful hydrangea. It is huge, purple and blue. I love hydrangeas and can't wait to plant this one in my backyard. But for now, I put it on our front porch. I use the term porch loosely because it's basically the size of a postage stamp. I dream of one day owning a house with a gorgeous porch and adirondack chairs.

Anyway, this hydrangea just wasn't jiving with the old wreath on my door and it was bothering me a little too much. I talked about how I DIYed the peach roses wreath in this post.


This just didn't match in my eyes anymore. So I decided to tear out the raffia and old flowers, which faded from the sun, and ditch 'em. I got a whole new batch of flowers from the dollar store to match the blue and purple tones in the hydrangea. I spent around $10.



Just like last time, I cut the sprigs of flowers to get shorter stems and start plunking them between the vines. The wreath is so thick that no glue is required.


I try to spread things out as best as I can and start with the bigger flowers. Other than that, it's such a relaxing activity that I don't even really think about what goes where.


LOL this picture really shows how badly the front door needs painting. It's on the list, guys. It will definitely get done.


Better, no?

Here's a little before and after.

19 comments:

  1. This is SO darn beautiful! How are you so crafty?! I always aspire to be moreso, but then I get sidetracked and nothing happens! Maybe I'll try this though...it seems...possible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a gorgeous job!! I seriously need to up my wreath game! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh, look how pretty that turned out! This kind of gives me the itch to get my craft on.... and I never get the itch for DIY, ha ha! But it is SO cute and I love how it brightened your door!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is PERFECT! So summery! 10 dollars- that is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Do you think you will do something for autumn/Halloween and winter/Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh!!! I love the wreath! And I'm so jealous you have hydrangeas, its too hot to grow them here, but I sure do love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh!!! I love the wreath! And I'm so jealous you have hydrangeas, its too hot to grow them here, but I sure do love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh!!! I love the wreath! And I'm so jealous you have hydrangeas, its too hot to grow them here, but I sure do love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this!! You are so crafty! I leave the same boring wreath up all the time. I guess I need to get with it and spice things up. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh I love it!!! I love the peach but I also love how you redid it to match the hydrangea! I loveee hydrangea oh so much. they were centerpieces at my wedding :)
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, I LOVE your porch! Seriously, it is so cute! And I love that door mat! Also, your wreath is so pretty!!! You did an excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the updated wreath...makes the gorgeous hydrangeas pop even more! xx.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is this the front of your house? I love the new wreath and the door mat! How long have you had the doormat, Kyle's and I's is just so drab and really looks dull compared to the bright door we have.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did a great job! Everything is so color coordinated now. Ive never really worked with fake flowers before but youve inspired me now :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great diy! And I love your cute doormat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So, so pretty and it all matches perfect. And I love your doormat. May I ask where it's from?

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh girl! that wreath is perfect and those colors just pop! I sure do wish I was crafty!

    ReplyDelete