Friday, August 14, 2015

Friday Favourite: Duolingo

I am back to sing the praises of another app!


I use Duolingo to learn Spanish. I have a bunch of friends that all speak Spanish and I am always trying to pick up what they are saying. They try to teach me here and there but I need something more steady and serious. Duolingo makes it super easy to learn how to speak and write not only words, but phrases too. I just started about a week ago and I am already so proud of the progress I have made. The best part, it's free!


There's a new lesson everyday which is short and sweet. I like to do them a few times over just to make sure the new words stick in my brain for good.


I definitely recommend Duolingo if you want to pick up a new language. They have Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian and many more! Now they just need to add Polish to the options so that Mike can actually have a conversation with my grandmother, instead of me translating back and forth. Get on it, programmers!

6 comments:

  1. My husband loves their iPad app, but I want to get it on my iPhone! So smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My BIL does this everyday! He's on a 150 day plus streak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo thanks for sharing! This is so handy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my husband swears by this app and it's so fun listening to him practice! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to check this out. I want to pick up some spanish. It's so popular down here, and the only thing I know is no hablos espanol, or something along those lines.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already speak Spanish, pienso que es un idioma maravilloso y muy melodico :) A bit of Spanish here :) but I think this app could help me practice my French :)


    I invite you to check out my blog :)

    http://www.travelekspert.com/2015/08/throwback-friday-capoeira-show-in.html

    ReplyDelete