Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Liebster Award

After a little research, I learned that the Liebster Award translates into the Sweetness Award. But really, it's just a wonderful way to highlight some small blogs that you love and that you think others will love.


The always lovely Liz from Sundays with Sophie nominated me and I love her questions! Liz's blog is one of my favourites to read. She has a great voice and a beautiful family. I swear we would be great friends outside of Blogland!

1. What's your favourite candy bar? 
This changes on the regular but I have always loved Twix and Oh Henry. I think Oh Henry was the first chocolate bar I had ever tried so it has a special place in my heart.

2. What's your least favourite chore?
Cleaning the bath tub. It's so big and awkward and annoying. I even prefer cleaning the toilets over the bath tub. My back always ends up aching afterwards!

3. What would you say is your best quality?
I try to be a good listener. I really like hearing what people have to say and learning from their experiences. I try to pay attention to the little details and ask people about them later.

4. What's a secret talent that you have that no one knows about (but now the world will after you post this)?
I don't know how much of a secret this is, but I am really good at making big bows out of ribbon. My mom owned a flower shop for many years and I was often in there helping her out. I got pretty good at making bows for the bouquets and now I put them on all gifts!

5. Favourite kind of date?
I love exploring and learning about new cities and I love beautiful scenery and waterfronts. So maybe a dinner outside with a gorgeous view then a walk along the waterfront, in a new city?

6. What's your guilty pleasure TV show?
Oh man, everything I watch is a guilty pleasure. It's all pretty embarrassing. But I think the worst might be Teen Mom. So good. Don't judge me.

7. What was your worst date?
A guy once had me meet him on a bus to go to the movies. We had to coordinate bus times to make sure we got on the same one. He chose Lord of The Rings II for us to watch even though I hadn't seen the first one and ended up fall asleep. Then we took the bus to our respective houses. I really hate taking the bus.

8. What's your favourite hairstyle you love to wear?
I like to wear my hair down with soft curls. I have really perfected doing my hair and it only takes me 5-10 minutes because of how loose my curls are. 95% of the time, that is my 'do.

9. What doe your LBD look like?
I think I might be the only girl on the planet to not have a little black dress. I usually only dress up for weddings and showers and try to choose more colourful dresses for those events. When picking a dress, I look for a nice cinched waist, A-line, not too cleavagey, and not too short.

10. Place you'd love to visit?
I'm assuming a place I have never been before? I have been talking about Washington DC a lot lately! There is so much to see and everything there is so impactful! We are hoping to visit the capital in the next few years. Other than that, I would love to visit more cities in the South (Charleston, Savannah, New Orleans) and the Grand Canyon! Oh, and Paris. And London. I could go on.

11. What's your favourite room in your house?
I have to say that my living room is my favourite. It's the room where we spend the majority of our time, is the most relaxing and it is the most "finished." Mike and I love relaxing on the couch after a long day of work and it's where we have some of our best conversations.

My questions are:
1. What is something interesting about your ancestors or extended family?
2. What car do you drive?
3. What are you looking forward to most about fall?
4. What is your favourite store to shop at?
5. What was the last thing you bought for yourself?
6. Describe your first kiss.
7. What is your dream job?
8. What was the last vacation you went on?
9. What will your next vacation be?
10. Why did you start blogging?
11. What would you name your blog if you could rename it?

I nominate:
Elizabeth @ Chasin Mason
Jillian @ Cornflake Dreams
Shay @ Great Now What
Ashley @ Life On Meyers
Candace @ Lovely Little Rants
Sarah @ Sarahphrasing Life
Robin @ Tea And Paw Prints
Meghan @ The Adventure Starts Here
Whitney @ Work It Mommy

Can't wait to read your answers, ladies!!

15 comments:

  1. I love these Q&A's! Such a great way to get to know the person behind the blog! Thanks for sharing!! Oh, and I also do not have a LBD, I'm with you, I prefer something more colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would most definitely be friends outside of the blog world :) especially if we didn't live thousands of miles apart. One day.

    Is it bad that I laughed at your worst date? I mean, the bus? Nothing against public transit, but a taxi may have been better in that case. And I watch Jersey Shore :O so I think teen mom isn't that bad. I had to stop watching after I gave birth to Sophie, some of those girls are such idiots.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading more about you - I'm with you don't like to clean the tub - no fun and oddly shaped lol! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for tagging me. I will do this when I post again. :)
    I go through phases in which I crave various candy bars. Have you tried the peanut butter Twix?
    I dislike cleaning the bathtub, but I dislike sweeping and vaccuuming more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have SO many places on my list that I want to see including paris and london! You should definitely go to DC, it's the cutest town with so much history and beautiful buildings! You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh I hate cleaning the tub too! Oh yum Twix are so good, definitely one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Evelina, thanks for the nomination! You just made my day :) I have a huge sweet tooth but I have never tried an Oh Henry bar! Ill be remedying that soon lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh I love Twix! One of my favs too! And the bus story is hilarious and sad at the same time. I don't blame you for not enjoying the bus, public transportation isn't fun usually! Especially not on a first date!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the nomination!!! You're so sweet :) I love Twix too and actually find it funny that you said that was your favorite! Tons of people that I talk to say Canadian chocolate is the best (and I agree - well it's dang good!) but maybe if you live in Canada, then US chocolate is good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen for twix!!! I could eat one for breakfast haha! I am dying at you guys having to coordinate bus time for the date! That is hilarious...and super romantic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bahaha if a date told me to meet him at a bus I would have just said nah forget it lol thats hilarious!! I once had a date tell me we would go to Texas Roadhouse because he had a gift card then when we got there and I told him what I wanted he said it was too expensive but I got it anyways lol
    ps I followed you on bloglovin! :)
    www.thenannysaga.wordpress.com
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  12. The coordinating busses is funny! I'm so glad I only dated my husband because I would definitely be a terrible dater, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post! And I loved learning random things about you! I would be so mad about that date; the bus and lord of the rings 2? Does he know what girls like?! haha Being a good listener is such an important quality! That's really awesome that it's your best one :) You are so sweet to nominate me, thank you!!!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  14. aw how cute is it that it means sweetness award?
    i have never had an o henry bar!
    oh the bus date with LOTR sounds awful. I love LOTR but seeing any movie that is a sequel when you haven't seen the first is ridiculous.
    i actually didn't have a LBD until yesterday, lol. I bought one and I love love love it. But I never had one before!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I never knew it meant sweetness award! So cute. HAHA I love love awkward date stories

    ReplyDelete