After a little research, I learned that the Liebster Award translates into the Sweetness Award. But really, it's just a wonderful way to highlight some small blogs that you love and that you think others will love.
The always lovely Liz from Sundays with Sophie nominated me and I love her questions! Liz's blog is one of my favourites to read. She has a great voice and a beautiful family. I swear we would be great friends outside of Blogland!
1. What's your favourite candy bar?
This changes on the regular but I have always loved Twix and Oh Henry. I think Oh Henry was the first chocolate bar I had ever tried so it has a special place in my heart.
2. What's your least favourite chore?
Cleaning the bath tub. It's so big and awkward and annoying. I even prefer cleaning the toilets over the bath tub. My back always ends up aching afterwards!
3. What would you say is your best quality?
I try to be a good listener. I really like hearing what people have to say and learning from their experiences. I try to pay attention to the little details and ask people about them later.
4. What's a secret talent that you have that no one knows about (but now the world will after you post this)?
I don't know how much of a secret this is, but I am really good at making big bows out of ribbon. My mom owned a flower shop for many years and I was often in there helping her out. I got pretty good at making bows for the bouquets and now I put them on all gifts!
5. Favourite kind of date?
I love exploring and learning about new cities and I love beautiful scenery and waterfronts. So maybe a dinner outside with a gorgeous view then a walk along the waterfront, in a new city?
6. What's your guilty pleasure TV show?
Oh man, everything I watch is a guilty pleasure. It's all pretty embarrassing. But I think the worst might be Teen Mom. So good. Don't judge me.
7. What was your worst date?
A guy once had me meet him on a bus to go to the movies. We had to coordinate bus times to make sure we got on the same one. He chose Lord of The Rings II for us to watch even though I hadn't seen the first one and ended up fall asleep. Then we took the bus to our respective houses. I really hate taking the bus.
8. What's your favourite hairstyle you love to wear?
I like to wear my hair down with soft curls. I have really perfected doing my hair and it only takes me 5-10 minutes because of how loose my curls are. 95% of the time, that is my 'do.
9. What doe your LBD look like?
I think I might be the only girl on the planet to not have a little black dress. I usually only dress up for weddings and showers and try to choose more colourful dresses for those events. When picking a dress, I look for a nice cinched waist, A-line, not too cleavagey, and not too short.
10. Place you'd love to visit?
I'm assuming a place I have never been before? I have been talking about Washington DC a lot lately! There is so much to see and everything there is so impactful! We are hoping to visit the capital in the next few years. Other than that, I would love to visit more cities in the South (Charleston, Savannah, New Orleans) and the Grand Canyon! Oh, and Paris. And London. I could go on.
11. What's your favourite room in your house?
I have to say that my living room is my favourite. It's the room where we spend the majority of our time, is the most relaxing and it is the most "finished." Mike and I love relaxing on the couch after a long day of work and it's where we have some of our best conversations.
My questions are:
1. What is something interesting about your ancestors or extended family?
2. What car do you drive?
3. What are you looking forward to most about fall?
4. What is your favourite store to shop at?
5. What was the last thing you bought for yourself?
6. Describe your first kiss.
7. What is your dream job?
8. What was the last vacation you went on?
9. What will your next vacation be?
10. Why did you start blogging?
11. What would you name your blog if you could rename it?
Elizabeth @ Chasin Mason
Jillian @ Cornflake Dreams
Shay @ Great Now What
Ashley @ Life On Meyers
Candace @ Lovely Little Rants
Sarah @ Sarahphrasing Life
Robin @ Tea And Paw Prints
Meghan @ The Adventure Starts Here
Whitney @ Work It Mommy
Can't wait to read your answers, ladies!!