Monday, August 10, 2015

Weekending

This weekend flew by. We didn't do a whole lot but it feels like we had no downtime. It feels like it barely happened! We took a little trip last week for our anniversary and I feel like I am still recouping from that.

On Saturday morning I had a hair appointment for a root touch-up. Wouldn't it be nice if roots weren't a thing? Hair care is so expensive and so time-consuming. But every appointment is totally worth it.


In the evening we went to a birthday party. Mike's best friend since forever was turning 29 and of course we were there to toast the last year of his twenties. We celebrated with good company, ice cream cake, and Cards Against Humanity. Would you pick any of these cards as the winner? I wouldn't. Not the greatest!


Sunday morning Mike had a softball game and I got to see my good friend and her little cutie pie. He's 5 months old now and getting more and more expressive every day. And he loves the camera! Super helpful for all the selfies we take together! I witnessed such a special moment between him and his mama that totally brought a tear to my eye. She was just giving him a bottle and singing him a lullaby in Spanish. And he was staring up at her in only the way a baby looks at his mother. I still can't believe that she has a baby! It's so wonderful to see her grow into an amazing mother. 


Sunday evening was filled with laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, and nail polish painting. And some baseball and Big Brother on TV.

I am looking forward to a nice calm and peaceful week. Hope you all had a great weekend!

~
Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for her Weekending series!

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great weekend! I love your nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long hair don't care :) I can't believe you have to get root touch ups, your hair looks so gorgeous. You know I've never played cards of humanity, I'm probably like the last of my friends who hasn't. Probably should get in this century, haha.

    I kind of wish someone else would come over and do my laundry...I hate doing laundry/.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a relaxing weekend! I always get the worst hand of cards for CAH!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hair appts are seriously the best!! I hope you get that peaceful week you're looking forward to!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. BIG BROTHER! What are your current thoughts? And I feel you on the no-weekend-weekend biz. I'm tired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn roots. Doing mine tonight. Lol.

    We love us some Cards against humanity.

    Also, I really hope Vanessa doesn't leave. Steve is a weirdo! !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo friends, CAH AND an ice cream cake!!! Sounds like a perfect night!! Beautiful hair color too! I hope you're having a marvelous Monday pretty lady and the week ahead is peaceful and no stress!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh- I have to start paying full price for my hair (or start doing it myself) for the first time since I went to hair school YEARS ago and I'm so not looking forward to it! But you're right- it's ALWAYS worth it getting your hair done, ha ha! Sounds like a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cards Against Humanity is the most fun game!!! I love it. Sounds like a fun weekend :) And I'm with you... it went by WAY too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't dyed my hair in about four years, simply because I don't want to deal with roots.

    ReplyDelete