Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Weekending


Happy Monday, friends!

Actually, it looks like I didn't hit the publish button so this puppy never went live. So... Happy Tuesday, friends! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Before we dive too deep into this week and accidentally miss any more days, let's talk weekends. We had beautiful early fall weather this weekend and spent most of it with friends.

Friday
We had a little girls night with a couple of Mike's cousins on Friday night. Dirty Dancing is my favourite movie and they love it to so we all got together to watch. 


Hi, Johnny Castle. I have seen it hundreds of times and it still never gets old. Best movie! 

For a snack, I made brownie s'mores and let me tell you... yum. Elizabeth from Chasin' Mason blogged about it and I just had to give it a try. It was a huge hit and I recommend it! 


Saturday
Saturday = college football and we were glued to the TV watching the UNC game. They won and everyone was happy. 

Later, we were out and about running some errands and finally got the first PSL of the season. Well, I did. Mike got the pumpkin spice frappuccino. Apparently Starbucks is using real pumpkin in their recipes but I don't really taste a difference. It is just as delicious as it has always been! 

One of our friends is moving to Dublin next month so we went to a going away party for her on Saturday night. It was a surprise party and she had no idea! It was a great time with some great company.
Sunday
More football! A few friends came over to watch some of the games at our place. There was a lot of fantasy team talk between the boys and lots of reality TV talk between the girls. I didn't make any football themed treats but I did bake these delicious pumpkin cookies. Pumpkin spice with cream cheese chips, to be exact. A dollop of whip cream and everyone was drooling. 
What did you do this weekend? Any more fall decorating? We picked up some mums for the front of the house and I can't wait for them to bloom more! They remind me so much of fall. 

Hope you're having a great Monday! Tuesday!
~
Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for her Weekending series!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like the most perfect weekend - friends, food and football - the three f's haha! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might sound kinda stalkerish but I actually double checked m bloglovin last night when I didn't see your post because you're always so good with the weekend recaps :) Glad to have you back today! And SO glad you liked the smores cookies!!! They are SO good, right? You're look so pretty! I almost set mine on fire LOL. Oops. Sounds like you guys had a great weekend with football, treats, and PSLs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely! Those pumpkin cookies look amazing! We bought some mums this weekend too, one of my favorite flowers for fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like so much fun! All those treats looked delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the football! Those treats all look so good - especially the smores AND brownies combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were quite the chef this weekend! All of that looks amazing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like I have the opposite problem, I will schedule something and forget that it goes live and then people comment on it and I realize that it's still in it's draft form >_<

    Yes dirty dancing! I will watch that one and the remake a million times, Kyle stops at twice. Kyle and I hit up starbucks twice this weekend, whoops. Sounds like such a fun weekend with friends and football (are you ready for some foooootballl!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brownie smores sound so good! I'm going to try and decorate for fall this weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smores brownies?! I need those in my life!!!! I got a PSL today and was a little disappointed. It used to be my top favorite in the fall but I think I like the salted caramel mochas better. I officially want to go home and watch Dirty Dancing now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, those brownies!! I can't believe I haven't tried making them yet. They sound and look DIVINE! Loving all of your pumpkin treats from the weekend, especially those cookies! I want!!

    ReplyDelete