Monday, October 26, 2015

21 Day Fix

Happy Monday everyone! Our weekend was calm, relaxing, and not worthy of its own blog post. After a series of a few hectic weekends, it was so nice to slow down and sleep in.

Let's address the title, shall we? I started a diet. The horrid D word. I have tried losing weight several times with no success. And I think my main problem is that I never gave it a solid effort. I like the 21 day fix because it focuses on healthy eating and working out. It's for 21 straight days after which you take a bit of a break and then start over.

Why now? Well we are thinking about starting a family in the next year or two and weight loss and pregnancy don't exactly go hand in hand. And I have heard that it only gets harder once you have little ones running around. So now it is. I owe it to myself and my (future) family. Every time I work out and struggle, I make sure to remember that I have to do this now because it will never be easier than right now.

The eating part of the 21 Day Fix is based on portion control and healthy choices. They give you different coloured containers that represent different food groups. And based on which calorie range you fall into, they tell you how many of each container you should be eating. For example, I have to eat 4 green containers everyday. The green containers are to be filled with vegetables. I'm really enjoying writing down what I consume because it really helps me stay accountable. Before this, my diet was awful. I would basically eat whatever I wanted. Sugary coffees every morning, carby dinners, bad desserts every night, no vegetables. Bad bad bad. I'm finding that my plan is keeping me really full and satisfied. I'm not hungry, I'm not hangry, and I'm not really craving junk.
The workouts. An exerciser, I am not. Like, I didn't do anything. Unless you count scrolling through Instagram exercise for my thumbs. There are 10 or so different workouts that you cycle through and they are about half an hour long. That doesn't sound long but they really work you! Basically, I have been sore since I started. But that's also because I am incredibly out of shape. I feel so great and accomplished when I finish my workout for the day. And sweaty.
So I'm on day 7 and really enjoying it so far. I feel good and energized. I'm putting this out there on the internet because hopefully it will help me stay on track. I will get through this. I will be successful! 

Pray for me.

12 comments:

  1. This is amazing! What a great thing to share! I really respect the colored containers because it shows you what you're supposed to do! Today, ironically, marks the day I'm trying to refocus on healthy, so I'll be thinking of ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!! I tend to think the internet definitely holds me accountable for stuff like this. Good luck and I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! My sister did this program and I can't wait to get her DVD and containers once she is done! It is scary to put things on the internet, but I feel like it will hold you accountable. I can't wait to follow and see how it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Evelina!!! You can do it! Ive heard so many positive things about 21 day fix but the cost scares me away every time. Those containers though speak to my inner neat freak haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. get it girlfriend!!! Can't to hear about your results. I love the idea of the container system, I think I should do that.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get it girl!!!! I have heard great things about the 21 day fix. I have never tried it myself, but I have done different work outs (Body Beast, T25, 30 Day Shred, etc) and tried different eating like 80/20, grain free, dairy free, sugar free. I think that anything like this program that can jump start you to the right track is perfect! You will pick up some habits you like and can handle and maybe drop one or two that aren't for you and keep evolving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep hearing about this program. I want to do it but money is a major issue right now. But I am eating healthier so that's a start at least! Good luck and can't wait to hear how it went for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on the program! I'm sure you will do great-can't wait to read how it works for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You go girl! You'll have to tell us what you think of it when you're done. I did the whole30 a couple months back and am thinking of doing it again but I feel like its so restricting (the point though lol) and hard to go out and be with other people. This might be more like what I need. However, 4 servings of vegetables?? I think that'd be my whole meal for the day. Maybe the containers aren't as big in real life as they look on the computer? How much do you eat of the other things?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you!!! I've heard GREAT things about 21 day fix! I can't wait to hear how it worked for you once you're finished!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm excited to hear how the rest of the time goes for you! You're going to do great! xo, BIana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can do it.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete