Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Canada Votes

Yesterday was Election Day for a federal government in Canada. I am not a huge politics junkie and don't usually pay too much attention but I value my right to vote very much. Any time there is an election, I try to really understand the platforms of the various candidates so that I can make an informed decision.
There are many people in this world that do not have the freedom to choose a leader. My parents used to be two of those people. Poland was a communist country for several decades and it was a very oppressive time. While I am lucky to not remember it, it will always be very fresh in my parents' and grandparents' minds. Political stability is one of the reasons that my parents moved to North America.
So I urge you to do your research and go out to cast your vote whenever there is an election. The previous election's voter turnout was only 61% and less than 55% in the last American election. That seems really low to me. I truly believe that each individual vote makes a difference!
Alright, I will now hop off my little soapbox. Have a great Tuesday! 

5 comments:

  1. You are so right. we all need to sit and research about candidates. I feel like so many people don't and just blindly vote. Especially now, since so many people feel like theydon't have the time to sit and research.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sista! I cannot believe the last American election only had 55% !! It always seems like everyone is all about politics down there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I dont do any political announcements but totally agree everyone has the right and privilege to be heard! Just wish the American candidates werent so all over the place haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's soooo true! People need to do research and, more importantly, make sure the research is legit haha there is so much mudslinging in US politics it's crazy. Sometimes it seems like people care more about making other candidates look bad instead of talking about what they plan to actually do for our country. Way to be a good voting example!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the blog look. I've been on a bit of a hiatus.

    Also, y'alls new guy totally looks a bit like Owen Wilson ;)

    ReplyDelete