Monday, October 19, 2015

Weekending

Another weekend come and gone and boy did it go fast. We were so busy. Actually busy is a huge understatement because spent way more time away from home than in it. Social gathering, after social gathering. I am looking forward to a more relaxing week and to catch up on chores a little bit!

Friday was my good friend's birthday and we had a great time celebrating with her and a bunch of other people. I managed to take 0 photos but I promise it was lots of fun!

Saturday morning we went to the pumpkin patch with Mike's brother and family. It has been really cool here lately but that made the outing that much more season-appropriate. Little ones were running around everywhere and I think my niece had a blast. I loved seeing all the adorable farm animals and of course picking out the perfect pumpkin!

 After a lovely day with my niece and nephew, we went home  (the only time we were home and not sleeping!) to watch the North Carolina football game. I am noticing a trend where the team starts the game out a little rough but then goes on a huge scoring spree and wins by a lot. And they did just that! Mike was extra excited about having a tweet go semi-viral. A while ago, a Wake Forest coach posted an insulting tweet about UNC and the players and the fans and Mike were happy to remind him about it. His phone was blowing up with retweets. Go heels!

Saturday night, we went to an Oktoberfest party. We arrived around 11 because Mike wanted to catch some of the Mets game as well but the party was still in full swing. There were pretzels, bratwursts, schnitzel, and of course all kinds of German beer. And so many people were wearing lederhosen and dirndls! It was definitely lots of fun.

Sunday morning my mom called me to tell me that family is visiting from Nevada and today is pretty much the only day we can see them. So of course we jumped on the opportunity and met up with them for lunch. I haven't seen them for around 20 years so it was very nice to catch up. They are constantly inviting us to come down and stay with them for a bit. It sounded so appealing that now we are thinking of ways to rearrange our future travel plans to accommodate the trip. As of now, we have the next 3 or so years of travel planned already. Is that normal?

Anyway, we rounded off the weekend with a quick visit to our friends who are just a couple weeks away from having their first baby! There was lots of exciting baby talk and possible names being through around. I can't wait to meet their little one!

And with that, it's Monday. I am so exhausted that I am aaalmost wanting to say TGIM. Don't hate me. I need my routine back.
~

Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for her Weekending series!

6 comments:

  1. Next 3 years of travel planned! I want to hear more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to a pumpkin patch soo bad but we haven't had a chance yet! Yes, please tell us about the three years of travel...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new layout!! I do miss the old, but this one is nice too.

    Fun pumpkin patching, see everywhere else it's actually fallish weather, the past two years Kyle and I have worn t-shirts and shorts when we go. Finally got some fall weather today though.

    I can relate to the three years of travel, but in a different sense, we have the next two years planned out but more on where our end point is rather than where we want to travel.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loveeeee your new design so much!! It looks so pretty!! I am slightly obsessed with gold so... haha yay new designs! Sounds like you had a fun filled (but packed) weekend! That's always nice but tiring for sure. Glad you got to see your family for lunch! 20 years is a long time to not see people so I bet it was a fun little reunion :)
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Go Heels! And your outfit for the party was ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great weekend and the new design is awesome!!! A pumpkin patch and oktoberfest all in one weekend - pretty perfect if you ask me! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete