Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Fall Scarf Exchange

I have been so excited for this since I found out about it in September.

A few of my favourite bloggers arranged a scarf exchange. Those lovely ladies are Elizabeth, Whitney, and Courtney. I have never been part of an exchange or swap before and I had so much fun! Basically you buy a scarf for someone and someone buys a scarf for you! And since I love all things fall and scarf season is in full effect, I signed up right away.

I got assigned to buy a scarf for Sarita at It's My Girls' World and I loved getting to know her through reading her blog and chatting via email. Turns out we are both Canadian gals that have a love for Target. I didn't really know of too many Canadian bloggers and this was a great way to meet someone more local and that gets the no-Target-in-Canada struggle! Check out what I got her here.

As for what I got.. Oh lordy was I spoiled. My scarf fairy was Chrissy (who doesn't have a blog but I loved emailing with her back and forth!)


I received the biggest, warmest, amazingest blanket scarf there ever was. I literally don't think I could have picked a better one for myself if I tried. It has quintessential fall colours and is seriously the softest scarf I own now. Despite the rather warmish temperatures we have been having in Ontario, I have been wearing it pretty much non-stop. It's so big and cozy that I may have also used it as an actual blanket once or twice too. Double duty!



Chrissy also very generously sent me a Starbucks Via Instant PSL. I will be celebrating the fall scarf exchange by having it today (and also because today is my first day after finishing the 21 day fix!) It's like she read my mind that I am as basic as can be and obsessed with PSLs.


She also sent me an air freshener from the company where she works. And I loooove it. To me it smells like fresh laundry. I have it hanging in my bedroom to wake up to that glorious smell. Oh and since everything was all neatly packaged, my scarf smell like it too! Bonus!


I totally feel like I hit the exchange jackpot. Thank you SO much, Chrissy! Your generosity is beyond.

I can't wait to see what everyone else got! This was so much fun!


21 comments:

  1. Thanks again for the lovely presents. I think I just bought myself that same scarf that you got!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Do you know where she bought your scarf? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scarf!! I just requested a blanket scarf in my next Stitch Fix box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That scarf is almost an exact match to the scarf in their scarf exchange image! Love it!!! It might be my most favorite one yet! And ummmm, no Targets in Canada? I had no idea!! I'm not sure I could survive....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great scarf! Your gal did amazing. I'm gonna sneak on over to Sarita's & see what you got her. These exchanges are SO much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw you got a beautiful scarf - what a fun gift exchange! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that scarf!! oh my gosh it looks so comfortable! I totally wanted to participate but completely forgot. You have to ask where she got the scarf I've been wanting a blanket scarf for a while now.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That my friend is the perfect plaid scarf!!! You look amazing in it! Sarita is a doll, it still tickkes me you were her gifter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful scarf! I've never really been too huge on plaid but I've been contemplating the blanket scarf for two seasons now but just have never taken the plunge. Had I seen this one out and about, I would have totally scooped it! Glad you loved what you got! Also- this is my first time here and I just had to mention how beautiful your blog design is. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You definitely hit the scarf jackpot!! That thing is perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my lands!! That is the most gorgeous scarf!!! Love love love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy gorgeousness! That scarf is perfection! I don't have a blanket scarf in my collection (yes, collection lol) yet but if I were to want one, I'd want this one!! Do you know where she got it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my gosh i love your scarf. i am pretty sure i neeeeeed it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun is this?!!?! I'm a scarfaholic (it's a thing) and omg I'd die for that beauty! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing post dear! I invite you to join my Giveaway on the blog:

    theprintedsea.blogspot.de/2015/11/phone-case-giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh this is AWESOME!!! I need to be apart of this next time. The scarf she got you is so cute and looks so perfect with the outfit you picked :) The gray and White scarf you got that other blogger are both so cute, too!! Such a fun blogger exchange!
    xo C

    ReplyDelete
  17. Scarf exchange?! That is the cutest idea ever! And you seriously did score. That scarf is so so cute! And you're a pro at wearing that blanket scarf -I had no idea how someone was supposed to wear one until right now (oops!). Give me a holler next time you guys do an exchange ha!

    xo, Andrea // PICSOANDREA

    ReplyDelete
  18. BEAUTIFUL! Love the way you styled it! This exchange was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute exchange idea! I need to figure out more ways to wear my blanket scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These scarves are essentials this season. The colors embody fall to a T. I want one so badly, unfortunately here in GA, we've had such a warm winter this year. I've only used my light scarves here and there.

    Kaitlyn @ Kaitlyn-Danielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete