Wednesday, November 4, 2015

FH Travels: Pittsburgh (October 2015)

We recently took another roadtrip to our favourite close destination: Pittsburgh. Yes, we go all the time but it never gets any less fun! 


This time we went solely to see a college football game. University of Pittsburgh was hosting University of North Carolina. And in case you're new here, Mike bleeds Carolina Blue. And I guess you can say that he is successfully turning me into a UNC fan as well. 

We had dinner at Jerome Bettis' Grille for dinner on the North Shore before heading over to Heinz Field. Because of the 21 Day Fix, I stuck to salads and grilled chicken throughout the whole trip. Roadtrips are usually when we go all out on the bad food. Krispy Kreme, Chick-Fil-A, Starbucks are all regulars when we travel but sadly not this time. I'm drooling. Can you tell I'm ready for this to be over? Ah 6 more days. Ok enough about food.


The game was SO much fun! We donned our best (and warmest) team attire, sat in the UNC section, did the fun cheers, and watched the Tar Heels win!







The band is one of my favourite parts of any college sporting event and the Pitt band really showed up! Their half time show was Back To the Future themed (even the car was there!) and it was SO good! UNC's band and cheerleaders also made the trip and did a great job too! I can never praise these people enough.



After the game we joined in the Tar Heels tradition of singing Hark the Sound with the fans and players. It was the best part of the night! Everyone was pumped from the win and joined together in a moment of unity. I love traditions like this.




Walking back to the car I snagged a couple gorgeous photos of the Pittsburgh skyline. It takes my breath away every time, day or night.

Displaying 20151029_224937_LLS.JPG

The next day, we made the obligatory trip to Target. Have I mentioned how much I miss it in Canada? I bought this sweater (so cozy!) for myself and a bunch of makeup. I think I exercised a lot of restraint. One of these reindeer sweaters almost came home with me but I am trying to hold off on the Christmas themed purchases for now. Christmas was everywhere in Target already! In October! Cray.


Another favourite part of the trip was driving through some newer residential neighbourhoods. I love exploring and seeing how new developments look in different areas. Mike and I picked out our favourite houses and noted some of the differences between those and the houses in our neck of the woods. I think I was a real estate agent or architect in a previous life.

So that's about it for this little trip. We probably won't be back until after winter when baseball starts up again. See you sometime in 2016, Pittsburgh!

6 comments:

  1. We play Pitt this weekend! Hope it is just as successful for us! Go you for sticking to your diet- I can't wait to hear an update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how dedicated you are to your college teams :) the funniest thing is I actually have a shirt from when I was a child, and I mean young like Sophie's age and it's the Tar Heels :) Guess I'm a tar heel fan from the start.

    I love those Christmas sweaters, I got a crazy one for this year, well it's a cardigan and it has reindeer on it.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos! Hope you are having a great week ♥♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Pittsburgh. I used to live about an hour from there and I didn't get too see much but what I saw, I loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAIT- There is no Target in Canada?! WHAT! I didn't know that was possible! haha I love the reindeer sweater, if you don't buy it, I might just do so!! haha It's so cute! I'm glad you had fun at the football game :) You two are so cute together (which is good cause you're married and all) but yeah, I love your hair color so much! I'm going lighter in a few weeks and yours is like perfect! I love the band at games, too. It is amazing to me how they all stay in perfect formation!!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  6. No Target?! That's the worst thing I've ever heard! :( Hahaha! Sounds like a great trip though! College football is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete