Monday, November 2, 2015

Halloween 2015


How awesome that Halloween fell on a Saturday this year? I really think it should always be the last Saturday of October every year. It would make life so much easier! Who do I need to write a letter to to make this happen?

Since my brother was born, I have made it a point to go trick or treating with him every year. It's our little tradition that I'm thinking may die pretty soon. He's ten years old now and I'm guessing soon he won't want to go out with his lame older sister and will prefer to spend the night with his friends instead. And I totally get it. I remember being that age. So I am trying to soak up every second of this tradition that we have left.

This year Philip wanted to dress up as his favourite Polishman, Robert Lewandowski. He is Poland's proudest athlete right now and one of the world's best soccer players. That man slays on the soccer field.






We walked around for close to two hours. And the weather really cooperated this year. Weather plays a huge factor in trick or treating here in Canada. There have been times where we have to get so bundled up that the costume is completely hidden under layers. No cute. This year it was fairly warm and dry. 


Afterwards, Philip had fun sorting his candy and even sharing some with his sister and brother in law. I can't touch my stash for another 9 days but I'm always amazed at how generous he is with sharing his loot! 


Since Mike and I weren't home to give candy out on our street, we decorated a little and left a bowl of candy for kids to help themselves. (The clothes pins on the banner are to weigh the paper down. It was pretty windy and it was flying around everywhere!)



I hope you had a very wonderful and safe Halloween! I can't wait to see all the pictures! 

12 comments:

  1. Your porch looks perfect! I thought of your 21 day fix this weekend while I was trying (unsuccessfully) to avoid candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your porch and the tradition you have with your brother! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun that you get to go trick or treating with your brother! He looks so great in his soccer uniform too!
    And I totally agree, Halloween should always be on a Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I don't think I've ever seen a full porch shot before. I love your porch, Is that your garage next to it? It's so nice. Philip is so sweet to share candy. And chips were involved with trick or treating? I remember only getting candy as a kid.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im 10 years older that my brother and used to love taking him trick or treating! It just so happened that he phased out of it when Kinsey was born so I never had to miss any festivities lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you guys decorated your front steps...so cute and even nicer of your little brother to share the candy with you! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looooove your tradition! You are the best sister! You guys will figure out another amazing tradition once he phases out of trick or treating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun that you always go trick or treating with him - that's my favorite part of Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun! And the porch decorations are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your porch decorations! So cute! What a great idea for a costume and nice stash of candy!

    ReplyDelete