Monday, November 30, 2015

Weekending

Hello, hello! Is everyone recovered from intense Black Friday shopping? We didn't go crazy, or step foot in a store for that matter. I took advantage of 50% off on the Old Navy website and we bought a new laptop online! Our current laptop is hanging on by a thread and is in desperate need of a replacement. I think it is close to ten years old.

I hope all my American friends and readers had a wonderful Thanksgiving, too! In Canada, we celebrate Thanksgiving in October and if you're interested (and want to know why we have it a month earlier), you can read all about it here.

Other than shopping and lots of football (hurray for another UNC win!), we scheduled this weekend to start the Christmas decorating. We put the tree up and despite only having it up for a couple hours, I can't remember what our living room looks without it. I love love love our Christmas tree.



We also put up our outdoor lights on the front of the house. We don't have a very large fa├žade since it's a townhouse but we hung lights around the garage and on our little tree. Since it gets dark so early now, I can enjoy them for just about half of the day!


This weekend I also attended my friend's baby shower. Her little girl was born about a month ago and it was so nice to spoil her with gifts and cuddles!


~

Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for her Weekending series!

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas tree! Do you tie the ribbons in, hang them, or place them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Tree is gorgeous! Glad that you had such a great weekend- looks like a lot more productive than mine. I'm
    Hoping to snag a couple cyber Monday deals today, but no Black Friday purchases were made! Guess I was in a turkey coma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas tree is one of the prettiest I have seen! I didn't participate in Black Friday shopping since I had to work, but hoping Cyber Monday is a success! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree is seriously gorgeous - I need your skills girl!! Yay for a new computer - mine was on it's last leg earlier this year and I finally got another one!! Your gift wrapping skills are also amazing - can you wrap all my presents?! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your decorations! Super classy. I really want a new laptop, too. My boyfriend just got this cool one that folds into a tablet and I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tree is beautiful! I really want to have a gold tree once we have room for a big one! (We are renting right now so our tree is like only 3 feet tall haha!)
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tree is so gorgeous! Ryan's a big fan of coloured lights, so I'll have to suck it up in that regard, but I can't wait to start decorating, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful is that tree?! Does your kitty climb to the top like mine does? He/She looks too sophisticated to get into such shenanigans, I wish I could say the same about mine! ha! Looks like you had a lovely weekend! I enjoyed the read about Canadian Thanksgiving! Thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your tree! I was just thinking that this morning how I can't imagine the living room without our tree and we just got it yesterday haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your gold tree is splendid! When we celebrated our first married Christmas (7 years ago) went with all silver, and now I want to do gold, lol. Ive seen alot of mixed metal ornanents, maybe I can start to slowly fade to gold ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a nice weekend. I love the picture of the kitty & your Christmas tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your tree its so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Your tree is gorgeous!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so jealous of that spectacular tree!!! Your house looks perfect for Christmas, so bright and cheery! What did you pick up at Old Navy?

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tree, like your cards, is killing it. You own Christmas.

    ReplyDelete