Monday, December 21, 2015

Best Christmas Movies (Guest Post)

Happy Monday before Christmas, y'all! Can you believe we have just 4 days to go? I am still vacationing and soaking in the last little bit of Christmas festivities. I can't wait to tell you all about it in the new year!

But first, the very lovely Whitney from Work It Mommy is here! Everyone wave to Whitney! We regularly email each other back and forth and she always has the best craft ideas! Like this paper tree she made with her girls. Adorable! 
                                 _______________________________________________________________________

I am so honored to be a guest on Fortunate House today! Evelina is such a sweetie, and I am so glad to have "met" her through blogging! 


I'm Whitney, wife to Brian, mommy to Kinsey and Brielana and fur baby Stella, a cocker spaniel- dachshund mix. I blog over at Work it Mommy where I share about life as a Girl Mom, Preschool activities, toddler fashion, Baby Led Weaning and whatever else tickles my fancy. The other night Evelina and I were having an email conversation about our favorite Christmas movies so I thought, I may as well share them with you, too!


This may look like an eclectic mix of movies and you're right; I have my favorite 'chick flicks', Brian's picks and my 4.5 year old's favorites, all rolled up together! So on to those Christmas movies!

My Favorites: 
Serendipity - I adore Kate Beckinsale and this love story is just so dang cute! Not to mention the fact I first saw this movie with my Bestie, Elisa. It just gives me good feels.
The Holiday- Hello, stellar cast. Who doesn't imagine switching lives with someone? Throw in some Christmas magic and a little romance and I'm hooked.
Four Christmases- Vince Vaughn is my favorite. He can make me laugh like no other.
Elf- Again, an all-star cast. Zooey Deschanel is my hair inspiration (albeit not from this movie.) I can pretty much watch this all year round. 
How The Grinch Stole Christmas- The original cartoon version is a classic. Dr Seuss was a genius. Stella also has long hair on her paws that looks like Grinch feet, hehe.

Brian's Picks:
Jingle All the Way- Brian's favorite Christmas movie ever. I don't get the appeal, but I keep my mouth shut and watch it ;)
A Christmas Story- This one isn't necessarily Brian's pick, more like his stepdad's. This plays c-o-n-t-i-n-u-o-u-s-l-y on Christmas Day and just reminds me of the Holidays spent at my In Laws.
The Nightmare Before Christmas- This actually plays from October through December in our house. That opening scene and song are my favorite but Brian loves the whole movie, which means Kinsey loves it, too.
The Polar Express- So. Much. Christmas. Magic. Brian swears he would hear his bell ring  forever. I like Tom Hanks and think this adaptation of the children's book of the same name is beautifully done.

Kinsey's Favorites:
Home Alone & Home Alone 2: Lost in New York- Confession: we have watched these two movies pretty much daily since December 1st. I remember watching Home Alone 2 at the movie theater. I just discovered this year it was written and produced by John Hughes, so that right there, attests to it's greatness. Kinsey thinks they are hilarious. You should hear her cracking up! And she may be quoting, "I'm down here, you big horse's ass!" to my horror.
A Charlie Brown Christmas- Kinsey adores everything Peanuts and Charlie Brown. The magic of Schulz will never end. I like the old fashion values his cartoons evoke.
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas& Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas- It's no secret we're big Disney fans here. Kinsey watched this throughout all of last year and still enjoys them during the Holidays. Mickey + Christmas = childhood made ;)

Did I miss any of your favorites? Please share! I love adding new movies to the line up. And thank you, Evelina! I hope you have a wonderful vacation!



9 comments:

  1. Yes!!! Serendipity is my favorite! I feel like it's such a big factor in my life, that's how I met my husband, very serendipitous.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Elf is the very best, in my book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! You can't NOT be happy when you watch it!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for letting me share on your blog today, Evelina! Can't wait to read all about your Christmas vacation! Hope youre having the greatest time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post! I love so many of these! Serendipity, The Holiday, Elf, Christmas Story and Home Alone are some of my very favorites! We've also watched the Polar Express about 50 times this year, so that's quickly becoming a favorite of the kids. I'd also add Love Actually to the list. Can't get enough of that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever seen Love Actually once and must have been in a "mood" because I couldnt get into it! I need to rewatch it, I love practically everyone in it!

      Delete
  5. I totally agree with so many of these! Seth has been obsessed with Home Alone yet we haven't watched it once! We need to fix that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually don't own it, but have been able to watch it onDemand! Maybe you can watch if for free and get the best of both worlds ;) Merry Christmas ya filthy animal!!!

      Delete