Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Christmas Cards 2015

I challenge myself every year to get my Christmas cards sent out on December 1st and that usually means a lot of planning ahead of time. The cards, envelopes, stamps, etc all adds up to a few weeks of preparation. This year I had almost 40!

I have never gotten the custom photo cards that you see all over Blogland, mainly because my mom didn't ever do that growing up. I feel a little silly sending out cards with a picture of just Mike and I. I think when we have kids, or at least a baby bump, I will start the photo cards. But for now, I pick up a pretty boxed set instead and write a personalized message for each recipient.


My go-to stores are usually Home Sense (like Home Goods), Marshalls, Chapters, Papyrus, Target, and Shoppers Drug Mart. This year, the cards I brought home were these from Target. I struggled with finding the perfect ones this year, which makes me lean more and more towards the custom photo cards. But I liked how these were pretty simple and modern-looking. Because a bunch of the cards are sent to my family in Poland, I need to find cards that don't have too much writing because obviously, not everyone speaks English.


As for the envelopes, I prefer to print the addresses directly on the outside. This year I downloaded the font Blackjack from Fontsquirrel (for free!) I usually like to use a Christmassy font but this year I just settled for a pretty handwritten font in gold. None of the festive fonts really spoke to me this year haha but in the past, I have used this one and this one. Oh, and I try to match the colouring to the cards inside as best as possible. For the back, I use our address stamp and seal with some matching washi tape.



Do you have a Christmas card routine? I love receiving Christmas cards so much, especially with little ones on them!

12 comments:

  1. Love this! I try to make a Dec 1st deadline as well though not this year! ANd yeah, I did regular cards before kids….

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! We just ordered ours on cyber Monday. I feel ya on the being weird to send out a picture of 2 adults- this year I sent out a ridiculous photo so that make me feel better about it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your return addresses - so cute!! We do a photo card, but we don't do professional photos. Probably start that when we have a family! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are on it! Im waiting on a personalized stamp I won but other than that, Im ready to send! I love adding washi tape and Im trying to work on my hand lettering while addressing envelopes. I sent out our wedding photo on a Christmas card the first year of marriage and then didnt do photos until the babes arrived, but Im sure your recipients would love to see your smiling face regardless :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are fabulous! We are a little behind this year and we are taking our picture this week so hopefully I'll get them sent out before Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fancy!

    I was so proud of myself, I got all our Christmas cards out the day after Thanksgiving & I had almost 60 to send out! Eeek! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty pick! We always do a photo card but that's probably because I grew up doing it haha you always have to stick with what you're used to!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously. You go! That is awesome. I'm usually so on it but have been slacking in this department this year. I need to get on it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your personalized details on those cards are insane. You're killing the card game! Aaaaaand make that one more thing on my To-Do List.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, love these! Such pretty pretty cards! I never did photo cards until we had kids either - it just seemed a little weird to put a photo of myself on the card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE sending out cards! It's my favorite. I don't think it's weird to send out a card with the two of you on it, but that's just me :) sending personal notes is so nice and fun too! I just love getting mail that's not junk!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We didn't start doing photo Christmas cards until we got married. The first year said something about happy & married or something of that sort and had a picture from our wedding (since we got married in November). The next year was just a picture of us and then the rest have had Mason. I do love hand written cards but I will admit, I LOVE the photo cards too!

    ReplyDelete