Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Gift Guide: Sports Fan

Do you have a sports fan on your list? I got you covered. I consider myself an expert on the subject since my husband is all about sports and all about shopping. So maybe he's the expert, but he helped me curate this list.


  1. Let's start with the obvious. If you're buying for a sports fan, buy tickets for his/her favourite team. Shop on the team website, Ticketmaster, or StubHub. 
  2. You can get pretty much anything with the team logo on it and these cute gloves are perfect for outdoor football games! I would definitely wear these in the cold winter months. 
  3. A sports magazine is a great stocking stuffer or if you want to go all out, get a subscription for the whole year! ESPN, Baseball America, and Slam are all great options.
  4. While we're on the topic, a subscription for satellite radio is great for the sports fan on the go. It offers sports talk radio, live broadcasts of every game, and quick score updates. You get a version for the car or the app.
  5. Mike insisted that I include this one. We recently got Apple TV and he loves it because it lets him watch games that are not usually shown on our local channels. In case you haven't noticed yet, he loves UNC but unfortunately games are not always broadcast on any TV channels. The Apple TV prevents him from having to watch the games on a grainy ESPN3 stream on the computer. 
  6. A jersey of a favourite player is sure to please! My only recommendation here is to purchase from a reputable site because counterfeit jerseys are very prevalent. Similar to designer purses, if the price seems too good to be true, it is likely a fake! Check out the team/league store, Eastbay, Fanatics, and Mitchell and Ness. 
  7. The iPhone cases from this online store are so different from the usual cases I have seen anywhere else! They incorporate the apple into the design and feature a popular athlete. If you were to guess that Mike has a UNC one, you would be correct. 
  8. Ugly Christmas sweaters have been everywhere lately and of course teams jumped on the bandwagon. If Mike and I were exchanging Christmas gifts, he would surely be getting this one from me. There are tons of teams available and they are all currently on sale!
  9. Basically every team has an official hat and wearing what the players wear is always exciting. Sneak into your giftee's closet and peek at their hat size prior to ordering!
Happy shopping!

5 comments:

  1. So my husband is not really a sports fan, but I did get him the new apple tv...a gift we'll both use haha! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas!! You know my husband loves sports so I'll have to keep these in mind while shopping for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the apple TV, we don't have it, but seriously I've considered... And I love that sweater. I've ordered from them before they are the best store ever! It's a place for any sports lover for anything.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, my husband practically gets a hat every holiday and birthday, bssically any time gifts are exchanged lol. Tickets to sports games are a great option.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some great ideas! My husbands favorite gift I got him were tickets to see his favorite football team play.

    ReplyDelete