Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Gift Wrap Ideas

Who is done wrapping all their presents? Not this girl. And with the holiday craziness, I am worried about finding the time to do it! I feel like we have something to do every single day until Christmas! So what is the most rational thing to do?

Look at pictures of prettily wrapped present on the internet. Obviously.

Even though there are some pretty awesome designs out there, there is so much you can do beyond regular wrapping paper!

Let's start with my favourite, adding bits of evergreen to the packaging. This year I'm planning on grabbing a couple branches from my juniper bush from my backyard to add to the outside. Easy peasy. Pine needles, holly, and acorns work perfectly too!



I also love the idea of simply putting the photo of the recipient on to some basic paper. This could work year-round!


Chalk designs are everywhere and you can get some chalkboard paper and a chalk marker for precision. Chalk markers are a little more long-lasting so you don't have to be as cautious as with regular chalk.


Only have a sharpie laying around? Grab some solid paper and create your own design! You can get so creative with this!


And finally, yarn or pompoms are so charming! How adorable is the pink nose on Rudolph?? Love.


Ok I really need to get going on the wrapping. Never mind the custom gift tags that I want to print! Ah wish me luck!

9 comments:

  1. These are great ideas! In the past few years, I've used regular brown wrapping paper, rope and a pretty bow to wrap my gifts. Very simple but classic! Good luck wrapping all of those gifts...I haven't even started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could make my wrapping look that good!! We did decide that next year we're going to do different wrapping for the family - we have my side and his side and then us...so each one will get their own wrapping to make it easier when we have to take them to everyone's house LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! I actually have a ton of butcher block paper around the house... I wonder if I can sketch up a couple holiday things on that! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, the reindeer with the pompom noses - adorable! I barely have the time to just throw a bow on but these are SO pretty. I like them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE ideas! i should put a little more effort into my gift wrapping! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think these are all darling ideas! We also have a juniper bush and we've used them for holiday decorations on more than one occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy gorgeous! I wish my presents looked even 1/8 as cute as these do! I'm a plain Jane kind of girl and literally just wrap the gifts and add a label for who it's for! Boring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of these different designs!! Especially the chalkboard one and a picture of the recipient, definitely a different way to handle it if you have something like a get together with multiple people. I just recently got a gift and she sent it using butcher paper and stamps, very creative!

    Oh and if it makes you feel any better, I haven't even thought about wrapping anything and honestly Kyle saw one of his presents last night in the washer...........womp womp

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love that photo idea!! I might have to steal that one!

    ReplyDelete