Wednesday, January 13, 2016

28

My birthday was just after Christmas and I was on a little bloggy break to enjoy the festivities of all the holidays so I am here to recap it today! 

I turned 28 and am officially in my "late 20s." I remember a specific time when I was a little girl and my aunt was 28 and I thought she was so grown up. I thought she knew everything and had her life so together. I definitely don't feel like that now at the same age. I have so much more to accomplish, so much more to learn. I find myself in a very weird stage where sometimes I feel so much like a child still, and other times so much like an adult. It's all relative I guess. It depends who is around me. 

Maybe that never changes? I will continue to learn and experience new things and that's one of the best parts of waking up every morning.

I am very excited for my 29th year on this planet. We have some fun things planned for this year including a trip to Poland and possibly buying a new house. 

As for my actual birthday, I had a wonderful time celebrating with friends and family. And of course, with my family in Poland via Skype. We had low-key celebrations this year for both of our birthdays. Mike surprised me with beautiful white roses and I got an adorable video of my niece singing me happy birthday. 


17 comments:

  1. Happy birthday
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are gorgeous! Happy belated- may you year be full of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what this year has in store for you! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the perfect birthday! Sometimes the laid back ones are the best ones. Happy (belated) birthday!
    Oh and also... now that I'm in my early 30s (eeekkk! I'm 31 lol) I feel like I should be "grown up" too especially since I have a kid. But in all seriousness, I still feel like a kid! I mean obviously I have responsibilities that I do and I'm sure I act way different now than when I was, say 21, but still, how am I old enough to be in charge of someone else? Boggles my mind everyday, but I wouldn't change it for the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way. When I was younger people my age were grown ups, but I certainly don't feel like one and I am FAR from having it together. I hope you had a wonderful birthday and that this next year is your best yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday! The flowers are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday!! Can't wait to hear more about your 28th year! How exciting for a 29th though, buying a house! I'm about a few months away from my mid-20's, I still feel that my 20's will be my favorite years.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had a wonderful birthday! Those flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 29th birthday!!!! Hope it has been great so far. Those flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday! I don't know if the feeling of being younger than you actually are ever really goes away. I'm 30 and I still feel like a child sometimes! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday to you! Age really is just a number so remember to enjoy life!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated Birthday Evelina! Im glad it was a good one. I still feel little sometimes too but then I spend time with my 13 year old sister in law and nope, Im grown again lol. It IS all relative.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Happy belated Birthday, sweet friend! I hope you had an amazing day and I totally know how you feel. I am just a few months behind you so I will probably have the same feelings soon. When did we get so old?! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your birthday roses are beautiful! Happy belated birthday! It's amazing how grown up people in their 20s seemed to us when we were kids! I distinctly remember being part of a 30th birthday surprise party for my Uncle and the whole theme was "over the hill" back when I was a kid--now my husband's turning 32 this year...he doesn't seem nearly as old as my uncle did back in the day! :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Belated Birthday! 28 sounds like it will be a fun year with a trip to Poland & new home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet!! Happy Birthday to you and cheers to the 29th year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous photo of gorgeous roses - lucky you! And Happy Belated Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete