Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Christmas 2015 Recap

If I were to describe this Christmas in one word, it would be: quick. Because we went on vacation right before, we had to make sure that all the prep was done beforehand. Presents were bought and wrapped way in advance because we were returning on the 24th. We went to New York City to see it all dolled up for the holidays. It was perfect and I didn't want to leave but I was so very excited to come home to this guy:


We celebrated Christmas with my side of the family on Christmas Eve (straight from the airport!) and then again on Boxing Day. I love spending time with my mom and brother during the holidays and continuing our Polish traditions. If you missed it, I summed up our Polish traditions in this post.




On Christmas Day, we had dinner with Mike's family. Seeing the joy in my 3 year old niece's eyes makes Christmas so special. It's true when they say the holidays are so much more exciting with kids around. On the 27th we went out to a nice brunch with Mike's extended family and there were 7 kids under 5! It was madness but oh so fun!

At the end of it all we were exhausted but very grateful for being able to spend time with our loved ones. That's what really counts.


I hope you had a wonderful holiday as well!!

7 comments:

  1. You just have been exhausted!!!! Props to you for having everything so organized that well in advance- life goals! Hope you had that delicious looking polish dessert that you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun Christmas pics... can we go back!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas!!! And as they say, the holidays are so much more fun with kids. So glad you got to experience that with your niece and brother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl....your watch...is this the first time I'm noticing it, or have you not worn it before? I love it, what is it?

    HOlidays are so much fun with kids around, not even your own, the joy in their eyes really is something. Sophie had more fun ripping open the gifts than the gifts themselves.

    Traveling in the holiday season is tough too, can't believe you powered through it like a champ!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man you were busy! We moved shortly before the holiday so I felt like everything was kind of a whirlwind for us too! Happy New Year! I Hope you have a great 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had such a lovely time, I'm so jealous that you got to go to New York!! I'd love to go around Christmas x

    http://sarahpratley.com/

    ReplyDelete