Friday, January 15, 2016

Currently...

BUYING
Nothing, because December was hella expensive. Between our vacation to NYC, gifts, and a ridiculous amount of money on stamps for Christmas cards, I am making a solid effort to calm the spending.

DOING
We just (finally!) took down the Christmas decorations last night. I know. I think I'm the last person on the planet and I'm not proud. While I adore putting up the Christmas decorations, taking them down is one of my most loathed activities. It's so messy and time-consuming that I try to ignore the task for as long as possible. Now I'm left with a ton of impossible-to-clean glitter everywhere.

DREAMING ABOUT
The days when I wake up and it's light out. I still have to turn on a lamp to see anything in the morning and it's not exactly conducive to feeling awake. Every day has been getting longer since December 22nd so my sunny morning is just around the corner!

DRINKING
The most amazing loose leaf tea! My brother and sister-in-law got me Peach Tranquility from Teavana for my birthday and it's the best! Taste description isn't my forte but it tastes like summer in your mouth. If you have the opportunity, I highly recommend it. I am a loose leaf tea convert.


EATING
All the clementines! Specifically, clementines from Costco. They are very mini but the perfect combination of sweet and sour. I come close to eating ten of those little things every day.

LISTENING TO
 Here by Alessia Cara. I love this song and I love her sound. And she's from my neck of the woods, reppin' the 905!

LOVING
Of course, my amazing husband! With the craziness of the holidays behind us, I love settling back into our regular routine and being able to spend time together without a looming to-do list. Nights in with him are my favourite.


MAKING
Snaps! Snapchats? I'm still learning the terminology. I recently downloaded Snapchat and have been making an effort to learn how to use it. It's actually a lot of fun! If you want to follow along, I'm evelinaFH.


NEEDING
Slippers. The ones I have now are a disaster and I am in desperate need of a replacement pair. Right now I have heart eyes for this pair but looking for a dupe that isn't as expensive.

READING
Blogs! I love keeping in touch with my friends from blogland!

WATCHING
(rewatching) Gossip Girl. To celebrate our trip, I wanted to watch a show set in New York. I was only planning on watching a couple episodes but that quickly turned into a full-out addiction. I am also hoping to watch as many Oscar-nominated movies before the Oscars as possible!

WEARING
My warmest clothes. We got a ton of snow recently so my parka had to be brought out. I am also sporting my favourite January mani: Ballet Slippers. It's the perfect milky winter white for the couple weeks between Christmas red and Valentine's pink. If you can't already tell, I take my seasonally appropriate nails very seriously.


WISHING
That my dog-in-law feels better soon. Mike's parents' sweet Golden Retriever had a series of epileptic seizures over the weekend and we are all hoping that he is able to make a full recovery.


WONDERING
What to get my bestie's little guy for his first birthday. Mamas, I need your help!

I hope you have a very wonderful weekend. See you on the other side!

11 comments:

  1. Poor lil pup- I hope he gets better soon! Not a mama, but I try to get the parents something small on big birthdays to commemorate that they survived too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mentioned that tea to me and I really want to try it!! Loved your manicure on snap this week! Hope the little pup feels better soon!! So touch when they can't tell you what's wrong! Happy Friday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh that tea sounds amazing! And I love Alessia Cara right now too, her voice is so amazing! Obsessed with your January mani color, I think I need to run out and get it! Happy Friday! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tea does sound pretty fantastic - "tastes like summer in your mouth". :)

    I've tried adding you on Snapchat but I haven't seen any of your stuff come across my screen yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I hope the pup gets better soon =( I totally know what you mean about wanting a sunny morning.. I really don't like waking up in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great one.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds boring but clothes are always welcome for birthday gifts! Or books with a hand written note inside. Love that pink polish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Essie Ballet Slippers too. I hope your in-laws sweet pup feels better soon! I love your blogland comment. I've been sick the past few days and I'm just logging on and catching up on posts. I feel so disconnected from all of my friends when I'm gone for a few days. The best part of blogging is finding new friends all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are not the last person.. i still see so many house in my neighborhood with their lights not just up but on and night..
    God I love that song..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Longer days?! YES PLEASE. I too begin my countdown from day one. Mine is more so to warmer weather but I know that longer days accompany warmer weather eventually haha! I'm a seasonal nail color person too but I prefer darker colors on my nails so I usually only keep them painted in the colder seasons. That plus I'm in water so often during summer I can't keep my color from chipping and I'm not a nail salon person. I love the look you're sporting here! Perfect for the season ;) So sorry to hear about the pup, I will be sending good vibes!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know I'm late to comment but I literally just took my Christmas tree down 2 days ago! I was definitely late Haha. I will have to add you on snapchat!

    ReplyDelete