Monday, January 11, 2016

Weekending

My first weekend wrap-up of the year! I had a great weekend that went super quickly. Have you seen that meme that says there needs to be a day between Saturday and Sunday? Time flies so darn fast on the weekend!

Anyway, we started the weekend off celebrating my niece's third birthday. It feels like she was just born but at the same time, I can't remember a time before her. She is so full of joy and energy and I just love her to pieces!



On Saturday, we made the drive to Syracuse to watch the UNC basketball game. I have never been to Syracuse and I was surprised that it was closer than I thought! Mike was in heaven! Actually, he was really nervous and animated throughout the whole game because it was really close. But Carolina won! Hurray!



Mike also got to meet two very important Tar Heels, Isaiah Hicks and Eric Montross. And I just have to say, that Eric Montross is so nice. One of the nicest famous people we have met. They both also managed to make Mike look incredibly short lol!


Aaaand I took my first ever snapchat at the game! Definitely the most complex social media platform  imo, but I think I am slowly getting the hang of it.


We got home Sunday afternoon and unwinded by watching the Golden Globes. I mainly watch for the fashion, but I also like to see what shows and movies are winning awards. Last year, we started watching Jane the Virgin just because Gina Rodriguez was so charming in her thank you speech. And now we're obsessed! Also, since the Globes are a good predictor for the Oscars, we watch to see what's good. My picks for best dressed are:



I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

------
Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for her Weekending series! 

11 comments:

  1. I'm out of touch and have no idea who that first person is BUT I love her gown! I agree- Snapchat is pretty complex haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad our Heels won! Eric Montross is always so nice and willing to take pics which is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on poppin' that Snapchat cherry. There is so much you can do with it but I don't know most of it, I typically have to ask my stepdaughter or just let it be with just normal pics/videos. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really fun weekend - love that you guys got the jumbo balloon for your nieces 3rd birthday and how fun going to the game!! Always great when you can root your favorite team on! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your snaps!!! You've got the hang of it!
    Sounds like you guys had a wonderful weekend!! And I agree.. it definitely went by too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would just LOVE to have an event to wear a gown to like that! Looks like a great weekend! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. JLo is killing it in that mustard gown. I havent made the jump onto SnapChat, I have nothing to say and I have the voice of a 9 year old girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome weekend! I love college basketball games! What a fun day trip! And I'm still trying to figure out Snapchat too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The basketball game looks like such fun - my husband is a big SYR fan and has family up there but we've never made it up for one - always so cold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The years go by quickly! Happy belated birthday to your niece!

    I keep forgetting your a tar heels fan! I am too, but I never watch their games. I just have lots of shirts from when we lived there. I'm not a big fan of snapchat at all! I look looking at pictures for however long I want to, not being given a certain time limit to look at it.

    How tall are those men???? Mike looks tiny.

    I did not watch the golden globes but I heard Leo won another one! Poor man hasnt' won an oscar :/

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gina was on my best dressed list as well but I also loved the simplicity of what Katy wore. I haven't watched Jane the Virgin yet because the plot just really threw me. I mean...to have that happen to you and not take legal action? Yea right! I mean, I'm not one of those "sue all the people" types but I some cases- yes and this seemed like one haha Maybe she does in a much later episode but everyone I've asked has said they don't introduce that idea at all so idk I just couldn't see myself getting into it but I did LOVE her speech last year as well! Let me know how the show goes as it continues! Enjoying catching up on your blog! Hope you're having a happy new year!! xx

    ReplyDelete