Monday, January 25, 2016

Weekending

How did everyone do with all that snow? Despite living in a stereotypically snowy country, we didn't get any snowfall over the weekend and there isn't too much on the ground either. Travel bans, shovelling, cancellations may have been on repeat in the Eastern Unites States but the pictures were stunning! My Instagram was blowing up with gorgeous photos of white winter wonderlands. Btw, I made a specific account for Fortunate House to focus on blog stuff. It brand new so make sure to follow at @fortunatehouseblog!


On to the weekend. We had my brother over for all three days and I haven't seen him in far too long so it was so nice to hang out and catch up. We filled up on pizza and spent too much time making funny faces and silly videos on Snapchat. I have officially become obsessed and possibly passed on my obsession to him.


Mike also took Philip to the batting cages and he actually did amazingly well. It was his first time swinging a bat at a moving ball and he hit most of them! I am sad I missed it but the boys had fun bonding over sports together.


Saturday night we went over to Mike's cousins' house for dinner. They recently took fancy cooking classes and wanted to try out their new skills on us. They made us butter chicken (my favourite meal of.all.time) from scratch and let me tell you, it was heaven. I had to seriously hold myself back from putting all of it on my plate.


Sunday was wii, Carolina basketball, and a quick trip to Ikea. This was the bedroom displayed right at the front entrance and I want to take all those items and stick them in my guest room. I especially love these flower lights! They are so whimsical and pretty.


We dropped Philip off and my mom treated us to a delicious dinner. So if you're keeping track, that's a total of zero meals cooked by me this weekend. I am not complaining. But now it's Monday and back to reality. That reminds me that I still don't know what we're having for dinner tonight. Yikes!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend! I want to read those snow stories! Have a good Monday!

------
Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for her Weekending series! 

21 comments:

  1. Your indian food looked incredible - actually make me crave it this week!! Happy Monday! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve never had butter chicken before! You’ve inspired me to checkout some recipes to try this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had butter chicken but that looks delicious! Sounds like a great weekend with lots of family time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your brother look so much alike! That butter chicken looks amazing. I need it in my life like right now. Happy Monday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those ikea flower lamps, but I don't think I've ever experienced a "quick" ikea trip. I didn't know those existed...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to go to Ikea! But my husband refuses because he doesn't like walking in the circle haha. I have a separate Instagram for the blog too, I like it a lot better =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the perfect weekend! I saw your snap about the butter chicken and you know, I've never heard of it but it looks delicious! Do you have a favorite recipe that you like?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Batting cages would be a fun activity! Glad he did well/enjoyed it!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. A non cooking weekend is the best kind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those flower lights are gorgeous! Go Ikea! What is butter chicken?! It sounds and look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great time with your brother. That's awesome & I kept up to date on Snapchat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how fun! Sibling time! That's super sweet. I love Ikea omg I like going even if I have nothing to buy (but I always come out with a frame, a candle and tumbler). It snowed down here in NC this weekend (I wrote about our snow day on TSJ) and it was a lot of fun! It was a mix of snow and ice but it certainly looked like a winter wonderland when we woke up! And also- The Panther's are going to the Super Bowl!!!! I know yall are UNC fans so I was thinking maybe some of that affection would spill over to the Panthers ;P Glad yall had a good weekend!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Butter chicken?! I've never heard of that but I think I need to try to make it asap! And a trip to Ikea is always fun! Those lights are great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We live in the south, so we were lucky without having any snow!

    What's the age difference between you and your brother, I feel like you've mentioned it before but I always forget. It must be nice to get that sibling time together, Kyle's siblings don't live in the same state.

    I have yet to jump on the snapchat game so I haven't followed at all. I would have loved to join yall for that pizza. This is where I wish I had a sibling to share that with.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's been too long since I've been to the batting cages or to IKEA. Both are so much fun! Yay for your brother coming to visit, glad you had such a nice weekend <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! Butter chicken is my favorite too, omg SO good! And I really want that donut like ASAP! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sibling time is the best time, especially with pizza and good food!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG, that chicken. WANT. And are we following each other on Snapchat? Find me please!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Here in Central California I stay far far away from the snow :) MAYBE we wil have a day trip to see the snow some time this winter. Those flower lights from IKEA are amazing! Weekends with no cooking are the best

    ReplyDelete