Tuesday, February 23, 2016

12 Apps I Can't Live Without

I know I'm not the only one that's on her phone too much. By now, I think pretty much every person has a smart phone loaded with apps. But other than the obvis like iMessage, Camera, Photos, Safari, and Maps, I use a few others on the regular. None of these are paid for because I'm cheap thrifty. And I always love to see what apps are useful for other people so feel free to share your favourites in the comments!

Bloglovin - This is the app I use to read most other blogs. If you don't already use it for your blog reading, you're missing out big time. I learned about it a couple years ago and it has made things so much easier for me! I no longer have to check each blog I read to see if there's a new post up. Click here to follow Fortunate House on Bloglovin'! 

Instagram - Because, duh. I am scrolling through Instagram every spare second I have. Follow me at @forunatehouseblog. I'm so visual and love to see what others are sharing. 

Gmail - I keep my blog emails and personal emails separate so I use two separate apps to avoid confusing myself. I used to have use one email account for everything but that got a little overwhelming as my comments grew. I try to set aside some time every day to respond to all of your sweet comments and this app is so handy and sends me push notifications when something new pops into my inbox.

Snapchat - My favourite new social media app. I'm still learning the ins and outs of snapping, snap chatting? Idk, all I know is that it's fun! My username is @evelinaFH if you want to check out some weird filter selfies and pictures of snow with a sob emoji. 

Starbucks - I pay through the app and collect stars. Stars = free drinks. Enough said.

Notes - Obviously, we are all aware of this one but I had to mention it because of how much I use it. I have a LOT of different notes on here. This is where I write everything down. Shopping lists, post ideas, to-do lists, paint colour info, my brother's passwords to things (he always forgets and calls me!), etc. If something were to happen to this app, I would seriously cry.

Duolingo - I talked about Duolingo in a different post (here.) It's basically an app that teaches you a different language. I love it because it has pronunciation, pictures, spelling and I have really improved my Spanish because of it!

Perez Hilton - Because I need to stay on top of celebrity news! Have you seen the first ever picture of Saint West? So adorable, I can't.

VSCO - I'm still learning how this one works but it really helps create beautiful photos!

Skype - This is how I communicate with my grandparents 100% of the time because they live on a different continent. Seriously, I love that Skype exists. When I was younger, I would have to write letters to my friends and family in Poland and it was impossible to have a normal conversation without spending a billion dollars on long-distance phone calls.

EskaGO - This one also connects me to my roots. It's an app that allows me to stream my favourite Polish radio station. I listen to it all the time to hear what songs are popular in Poland. But on a similar note, most radio stations have apps that you can stream from anywhere in the world!

Tetris - This is the only game that I play on my phone. I loved it when I was younger and when I found it in app-form I downloaded it immediately! SO fun. Don't judge.

So tell me, what apps can you simply not live without?

31 comments:

  1. I love duolingo!! And I am constantly scrolling through Instagram. It's my favorite form of social media!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list of apps. For me the list would include WhatApp, 9Gag, 2048 to while away time and Gmail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do I not have some of these apps?! Especially the Bloglovin' one... really? Yes to Instagram and Snapchat, I live on those LOL! And Duolingo sounds awesome, I need to download it! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should probably use more apps to make my life easier! Couponing apps are probably my most used, especially Cartwheel at Target!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Key Ring (to store all those saver cards), ESPN (score updates for my favorite teams), Timehop (tells you what you were doing on this day in past years), Cartwheel (Target discounts), Walmart (the Savings Catcher part), and Pic Tap Go (photo editing).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh did you get the email about the new rewards program they're rolling out in April for starbucks????? 2 star per dollar! That means every time I visit I'll get 10 stars! I nearly flipped out at work over that one. And then 125 redeem for anything on the menu!

    I tried out duolingo because of you, and did well for the first month and then just slid off the wagon and forgot about it. Instagram really takes up a lot of my time probably too much.

    Surprisingly my most used add is google chrome mobile because it syncs across my phone and my internet browser. So I can just pick up where I left off.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you have your brothers password- so cute! I probably use a running app or Pinterest the most... Okay probably Pinterest, but it's just so easy to scroll through!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea, I think that I'm gonna have to download the Starbucks app...if I can pay from it & gain points towards some free stuff, I'm game! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Duolingo! It's such a great app -crazy that it's free! I'm also addicted to SnapChat, Twitter, and Instagram. I finally removed the Facebook app from my phone and feel so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Duolingo! It's such a good app. I'm working on Spanish right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! I will have to check out VSCO!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't live without Instagram and Snapchat. I love Notes and Reminders too! I forget everything.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Instagram is my go-to. I've yet to try VSCO, but I use something called PicTapGo that resizes images and allows you to completely edit them...LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i am so with you on skype! i love that i can use it to call my family at home. i'm trying to convince them to download the app but they are all very UN tech savvy so it's a process ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl, I am an Instagramaholic! I think that's probably my most used app, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun post! I'm definitely an Instagram loving fool! And Snapchat is quickly becoming a favorite. I now need to download that Tetris app! So much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't think that I could survive without Instagram or Bloglovin'! I was reading all of my blogs this weekend right on my phone and didn't even need my computer. The Notes App is also great because it gives me the opportunity to not only keep track of lists, but also I can use it to write blog posts without having to be connected to the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Instagram and Gmail are on my list too! I tried VSCO and got frustrated with it, so I deleted it already. I use Camera+ instead (which I've used forever and really love). I also can't live without Amazon, Waze, and Dropbox (which is great to transfer photos from your phone to your computer!). And all of Mila's apps, of course. Those can be lifesavers sometimes, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that you Skype your grandparents!!! Mine don't even know what that is lol. I hear you about note taking! I use Evernote for the same purpose and my life would end if it was erased/stolen (they're also a local-ish company so that's cool) and the Blogger app is great for writing posts as I think of them, but I would NEVER delete anything through it, I lost a bunch of posts doing that one day without realizing my mistake :/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't use the bloglovin app so I really need to get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I found you on Snapchat, but it won't let me add you. I'm not sure what that's about. I'm rach.vendetti on there if you want to find me! :) I also just added you on Instagram! Instagram is probably my favorite app! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just got snapchat and I love it! Of course I post way too much baby spam but not much is different from my blog and Instagram, either, ha ha! I gotta find you on snap!! I'm courtneybrink!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Instagram is my favorite!! Lover of snapchat too and all the picture editing apps!! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  24. I always love posts like these! Instagram and Snapchat I’m totally addicted too, but I love Duo Lingo! I have their app on my iPad but need to put it on my phone now!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are all great apps, but I can't live without Retailmenot! It's my absolute favorite and I never shop online without checking it first!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm a huge fan of Starbucks, Instagram, and Snap. Yummy coffee drinks plus rewards? Yes please <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  27. I still play some games on my phone to pass the time, take a mini me break and shut off my mind for a bit. I love Starbucks and Instagram apps too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is such a fun idea for a post! I may have to steal :) I use a lot of the same apps as you! I have bloglovin on my phone but rarely use it, I personally prefer the computer because it's easier to see pictures and such, but I love bloglovin in general!
    I also, of course, love the Starbucks app, the snapchat app and the Instagram app.
    And I use my notes app for all the same things! If anything happened to it, I'd be screwed.
    I only use my mail app though for my mail and I get all my emails on there (blog gmail, personal gmail, and outlook for work). I'm on my computer now, but when you email back, I can screen shot and show you if you want! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I messed around with Duolingo for a while and I loved it!! I just kept forgetting/ putting off the daily lessons so I eventually just stopped using it. But I really do think you could learn a new language if you kept up with it!! And you are (as I've said) one of my faves on snap chat!! :) I pretty much favorite normal apps like instagram and twitter app haha nothing cool!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love seeing what apps people use- I love Bloglovin (on my computer) but don't have the app on my phone! Duolingo sounds like one I should check out!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love this! I'm also crazy obsessed with duolingo lately! And bloglovin, instagram and facebook are my must haves!

    Love, Kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com/

    ReplyDelete