Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Cupid Floats

I am linking up with Liz, Whitney and some other fabulous ladies for their Foodie for a Year series. Basically, every couple of months, they are hosting a link up for seasonally themed recipes and this month it is for Valentine's Day!

I didn't have any recipes of my own up my sleeve so I turned to trusty ol' Pinterest for inspiration. After too much time scrolling through, I came across this recipe for ice cream floats. Not going to lie, the aesthetic of these are what really excited me. Pink, adorable, easy, and perfect for Valentine's Day.


I tweaked the recipe ever so slightly. The original one I found called for strawberry soda but I couldn't find any so I decided that any red/pink carbonated drink will do. Mike suggested we try cream soda and I'm glad we did! SO GOOD! The best part about these is how easy they were to make. Really, all you need is cream soda and vanilla icing. I just added whipped cream and a lollipop for funnies.


Ingredients
  • French vanilla ice cream
  • Pink-coloured cream soda
  • Whipped cream
  • Lollipops
Directions
  1. Place two scoops of ice cream into a glass
  2. Slowly pour cream soda until glass is 1/2 full
  3. Add another scoop of ice cream
  4. Pour more cream soda until glass is full
  5. Top with whip cream
  6. Stick in a lollipop and straw
You can adjust the amounts of ice cream and cream soda to your liking. You can also use different carbonated drinks, depending on the flavour/colour. 

I have never tried a float before this and I think I'm now hooked. We have already had these on two different occasions and I will for sure be making them again on Valentine's Day weekend. Oh, and Mike gave them a huge thumbs up as well!


------

25 comments:

  1. These looks so fun!!! I'm not a huge cream soda fan but they are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute and look delicious! Your photog skills are on point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um adorable. Like so cute I'm not sure I could eat it... Nevermind I know I could :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. These look delicious and 2. Cool Whip comes in a can now?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute!! I could definitely sip on these!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so yummy and are so pretty! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound beyond amazing and are SO cute! Love them! I definitely need to try these out soon! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so cute! I haven't had red cream soda in forever - it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy! Just like a root beer float!

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE cream soda. These look so pretty and sound so good. Thinking I need to whip up a few of these for Valentine's Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You definitely win the award for the prettiest recipe this go around! I love this idea! And even better--what an easy, yet festive, idea for Valentine's Day! Thanks for linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These sound SO good and look SO SO cute!!! So easy and festive. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh goodness! These look & sound delicious! I will definitely be adding these to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look so yummy! Definitly gonna try it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cupid floats have been a Pin Ive been wanting to try for years!!! Maybe itll finally happen since you (and Mike) gave it the thumbs up :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look so cute and yummy. I am going to have to try this. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes!!! I want these. I saw the picture in the link up and figured whatever it was would be delicious. I love those rose lollies too, where did you find those?

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute idea! I love that they have pink cream soda so you can make the floats even more festive!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how cute!!! What a great idea!! I can't remember the last time I had an ice cream float! This must be delicious, I'll have to try! =)

    Have a great day! Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look awesome! I love cream soda. I might have to make these for the kids next weekend! They'd flip over them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those look so delicious. I want to make them so bad. Maybe this weekend? Or Valentine's weekend. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are so cute! Perfect Valentine's treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are adorable! And they sound so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete