Friday, February 26, 2016

Five on Friday


One
So I was supposed to watch as many Oscar-nominated movies as possible before this Sunday. How many have I seen so far? 0. I really wanted to watch Brooklyn, Room (my favourite book!), Joy, Carol, etc. I just realized all these movies have one word titles. I guess that's what's cool these days! Gossip Girl is still eating up all our free time. We are so close to the end (S5!) and we want to finish it before Big Brother Canada starts. Because that's almost a 24/7 commitment with live feeds. Wow. I have no life.

Two
What's the deal with the weather. Seriously. It snowed literally all day yesterday and we got quite a bit. We were definitely spoiled with a mild winter up until now! #overit


Three
We have been talking about upgrading our car recently (our current car is very near-death) and thinking that it makes sense to get something in the mom car (but non-minivan) category. We hope to start a family in the next few years so it makes sense to get something that will work well for little ones. Vehicle shopping is so overwhelming! Between MPG, safety ratings, carseat criteria, and all the other fun features, this girl is overwhelmed. I might need to put up another HELP! post soon.

Four
I created some fun labels for Fortunate House recently! It was time to put on my big girl pants and improve this little site of mine. So now you can click on whatever category tickles your fancy up at the very top! Oh, and I included my instagram feed on the side. I want to continue improving little things here and there but I'm so proud of how far I have come as a blogger! I can't believe it's almost been a whole year!

Five
Around social media:
- I am loving watching Taboo Mom Talk with Stephanie and Colleen. I was literally laughing out loud at their latest episode!
- I'm so inspired by Sarah's weight loss journey! A little effort and motivation can go so far!
- I have been seeing Target's Pillowfort line everywhere and I'm obsessed. Is it too ridiculous to buy this stuff in advance despite not having any kids yet?
I hope you have a very wonderful weekend!

------
Linking up with ChristinaAprilDarci, and Natasha for Five on Friday

17 comments:

  1. I love to see how your site has been growing and it's looking gorgeous girl! I dont think I've seen many of the oscar nominated movies either lol! Happy Friday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday! There are so many movies Oscar-wise that I had wanted to see, too, that didn't happen. I am still so excited to watch, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring on the momcar! I love how you've mentionedacouple times about your desire to start
    A family- I feel like sometimes people are ao hush hush about it (me included)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am working on uplifting my site too.. long overdue! Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang I can't believe how much snow you got yesterday! Crazy! And yes to Target's pillowfort line! SO cute! Happy Friday girl! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never saw that line for Target how cute!! I don't have a "mom car" yet, just an SUV. We love it but I don't think it will be big enough for more than two kids so mom car will be in my future lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun. We are ready for spring down here, too! And man - car shopping. We're starting to think about the same thing! It is overwhelming and not a ton of fun. I'm excited to see what you pick out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd buy the pillow fort for myself, regardless of Sophie. She can share with me hahaha.

    I cannot wait to read your about me page. I love reading them about other people. I probably could make a new one but haven't had the time yet.

    And ick on the snow! Luckily that's not an issue for us, but I'd only want snow for fun things, like snow men, other than that I'm not a big fan of snow.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  9. I upgraded from a Civic to a Forester about a year ago and it's amazing. It's got a TON of room, great gas mileage, high safety ratings, and I just love it! It didn't break the bank either, which is always a good thing! Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know that you guys are over the snow, but I sure wish we could have just a little bit down here in good ol' Georgia! We do get some every now and then, but it's so rare, so it's always a treat! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Room was really good! You should definitely see it :)

    Justine @ Charm City Ciemny's
    www.lifeasabaltimoregirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Colleen's blog and I think she's hilarious. I haven't seen any of the Oscar movies either, but I just care about the fashion. I can't wait to see what everyone wears!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't seen any of those movies either. Ever since becoming a mom I feel lucky if I even see part of the red carpet! We're going to be in the market for a car soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yea, I haven't seen any of those movies either...but my superhero/movies based on YA novels never make that & I'm okay with that. Ha!

    Have a great weekend, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We ended up with a Ford Fusion based on that same "we need a family friendly car for the future" thing. We got a crazy awesome deal on it so it was perfect for us. We both love our tiny Scion Xa, but it's just not big enough to fit a rear facing car seat. Until we have kids, though, I'm still driving my precious Xa around while the Fusion is Christopher's work car. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't have a mom car either, but I do have a SUV and love it! It works well for me and my one kid :) Seth has a truck and that works perfect too (in case Mike needs a new car too lol).

    ReplyDelete