Monday, February 29, 2016

Weekending (Birthday, Baptism, Oscars)

Happy Leap Day!! How awesome to have a bonus day this year. Do you have any plans to celebrate? We will be watching the UNC game with pizza after work.

Last night we watched the Oscars and my best dressed were Chrissy Teigen, Saoirse Ronan, Rachel McAdams, and Alicia Vikander. Tell me, who was on top of your best dressed list??


I am so glad Brie Larson won for Best Actress because Room is my favourite book! I still haven't seen the movie but I loved the book and hope to see it soon. And Jacob Tremblay is so adorable! I love watching him in interviews.


Aside from watching the Oscars, I am excited/ashamed to admit that we watched the ENTIRE Fuller House season. Yup. And I loved every single minute of it. I don't want to spoil anything so I won't go into detail, but I thought they did such a great job honouring the past and making subtle references to the actors' offscreen lives. If you were a fan of Full House, I guarantee you will love it!


Despite how it may seem, we didn't spend the entire weekend watching TV. On Friday, we made a last-minute decision to eat out. Mike was craving Southern cuisine so we went to a new restaurant for fried chicken and biscuits. It was no Bojangles but it was still pretty delicious!


This weekend was my mom's birthday so we went over to celebrate. Unfortunately, my brother was feeling a little under the weather but we still managed to squeeze in a little bit of cake and presents. I love to celebrate my mom and she really deserves it!



On Sunday, we went to my nephew's baptism and he was such a champ through the whole thing! No tears at all. It's also really nice to get together with Mike's side of the family because we don't get to see them as much as we would like to.



I hope you a wonderful weekend!

------
Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for her Weekending series! 

20 comments:

  1. Such a perfect weekend!! I love your picks for best dressed - gotta love the ladies in green!! Those cookies were so cute for the baptism!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Fuller House - I watched the whole thing, too! I thought it was really cute & well done... I hope that they plan on doing another season :) Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fried chicken and biscuits is always a good idea! Oh Bojangles... easily one of my fav fast food places but all of them closed here :( And yes to Fuller House although I only saw two episodes. <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought Rachel McAdams looks STUNNING!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen Room yet either, but I definitely need to after last night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've made it about half way through Room, but haven't had a chance to finish it yet. So far I've loved it, but I've had to read other books so I had to put it down. I can't wait to watch Fuller House! I've heard such great things about the series, and I can't wait to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like such a fun weekend. I agree Chrissy was a beautiful mama to be!

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  8. i thought Saoirse looked amazing, Rachel McAdams as well. I really enjoyed Room as well (the book) but haven't seen the movie yet, but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think my favorite was Charlize Theron... her red dress was va va voom!!

    We watched the first two episodes of Fuller House and I am LOVING it, so I can't wait to see the rest!

    Glad you had a great weekend!

    Lindsay
    Lindsay's Sweet World

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mom's birthday was this weekend too on Saturday! We went out to dinner. Happy birthday to your mom!

    Forgot about the oscars but I heard Leo finally won, good for him, he really has made some good movies.

    I haven't watched any of the fuller house but it's only because I never really watched Full House, only parts of it. I guess I could watch that hahaha.

    You know the only thing I knew about Brie Larson was her song "She Said" I had no idea that she was in movies! Also, Saoirse's dress is absolutely gorgeous! I love her accent too.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore both of those green dresses! Sounds like a nice weekend. I need to catch up on Fuller house.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Rachel McAdams dress, but wasn't so crazy about her hair for some reason! I haven't read Room (or watched the movie), but I definitely want to read it now! I'm glad people seem to have really enjoyed Fuller House, I can't wait to get around to watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many pretty dresses - it's hard for me to pick a favorite this year!

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. We watched all of Fuller House and loved it! I'm sad it's over!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rachel McAdams can do no wrong. We just finished Fuller House today and Kinsey insisted we start over again, no complaints here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a great weekend. I loved all those dresses you posted. I didn't watch the oscars, but I did look at the fashion. I binged Fuller House this weekend as well and I finished it yesterday. I loved it since I loved Full House. It was cheesy but very worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i didn't watch the oscars but i LOVED brie larson's dress. she was the best dressed, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a great weekend! I love all the dresses you chose for best dressed! I haven't watched Fuller House yet but I definitely need to!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww happy birthday to your momma! :)

    Also, I'm only halfway through Fuller House! I watched the first 7 episodes last Friday, but haven't had a chance to see the rest! I'm so glad that you loved it because I've loved what I've seen so far which makes me feel sure I'll love the rest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice photo of you and your mom! You have the same eyes! Curious - do you see similarities between yourself and your mom? I feel like that's always something that other people can see so much more clearly - like we're all too close to see it in our own parents.

    ReplyDelete