Monday, February 1, 2016

Weekending

Hello! And hello, February! How did this happen so fast? Where did January go? At least we are close to Spring! This winter was so mild that it has pretty much felt like spring all along and I'm not complaining.

I hope everyone had a fab weekend and that everyone is ready to tackle the week ahead. I always feel more excited about a Monday when I had a productive weekend. And what helps me with my productivity? Obviously this.


We checked off a couple items off the ol' to-do list around the house. There was cleaning, decorating, reorganizing and even a little painting happening. I really need to recap our painting projects because we painted about 75% of our house within the last year. It has made such a huge difference and I truly love the new look. 


We went to a dinner for my sister-in-law's birthday and then Mike and I headed over to a friends' house for a game Catan. Have you guys ever played Catan? It was only my second time ever playing it but it was a lot of fun! You may have caught me gloating on Snapchat because we played twice and twice I won! Beginners luck, I'm sure, but it was pretty great! Casual nights in with friends are my favourite.


Between the things that kept us busy, I managed to sneak in a teensy bit of shopping. I am looking for a new top or two for work and now that the Canadian dollar is so crazy, I have been rekindling my relationship with my local mall. I used to do all my clothes shopping across the border and now that just doesn't make sense.


We recorded Grease Live from last night and I hope to watch it soon. I hear it was pretty good though! It was one of my favourite movies growing up and I could basically recite the entire thing. I would say no spoilers but I guess that doesn't apply in this case!

Thanks for reading!
------
Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for her Weekending series! 

17 comments:

  1. Love your mantle garland!! Such a cute touch. Grease was pretty good last night...of course it wasn't as good as the movie, but it was a good second!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mantle-so pretty! I really enjoyed Grease Live! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your mantle garland! Is it DIY?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mantle is gorgeous! That mirror frame is so pretty! Nothing wrong with a little shopping over the weekend too! Happy Monday! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great weekend - I love how white and bright your home is!! You'll like Grease - at least I think so! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your mantle! I need to start decorating for Valentine's Day. Aren't casual nights in with friends the best? Glad you had a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Monday! I'm getting the home improvement itch again too, but I'm thinking small for right now. I love catan but I always lose, so wear your beginner luck with pride!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Catan!! One of my favorite games.
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. We did a lot of housework this weekend and we didn't paint, but we need to, and definitely do a post about the changes with the paint!

    Never played Catan, what is it? Or I guess I could use google and look it up haha. sounds like a great weekend to bring in February! I feel like we just started January.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  10. I watched a few minutes of Grease, but I wasn't too impressed. I love to sing along though (even if no one else enjoys it!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cleaning, decorating and reorganizing are always on my list of things to do. Glad you had a great weekend!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great weekend! I've never played or even heard of Catan before seeing your Snapchat story. I am glad that you kicked some butt though, that's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Redecorating has my heart! I'm in serious nesting mode right now, and I can't WAIT to pain this whole darn house. It's been the same ugly butter colour since we moved in haha And PS...all that white on the bed. Swoon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Catan is heaps of fun unless your playing with strategists. Have you ever played Carcassonne it is equally as fun and I find goes much faster. Beautiful Valentines decor! Decorating for Valentines always seems to usher out the blues at the end of January (probably because all the Christmas and New Years decor is packed away) make our homes cheery once more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't get to watch Grease either but I think I will tomorrow. I heard it was great! Catan sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never played Catan! And I don't think I get much beginners luck either...ever. ha! And ok so I may be way out of the loop (what's new)but what's going on with the Canadian dollar? Also- I watched Grease live (missed the first 30 minutes omgggg but anyway) it was really good! I liked it more than I thought I would I will say that :) I'd love to hear what you think! xx

    ReplyDelete