Monday, February 8, 2016

Weekending

Happy Monday!

Thank you thank you thank you to those that provided some feedback on my HELP! post on Friday. Seriously, I got such amazing answers and it really make me think about what would work for our lives. The general consensus was that a playroom and upstairs laundry and a must! I am going to continue collecting advice regarding floorplans. Right now I am going ga-ga over giant islands like this one and this one. Our current favourite floorplan has room for a long island and I thought it would be great to create some casual seating on one end instead of having a separate dinette table. Thoughts?


Also, ny name was featured in a Nameberry article! Very exciting since Evelina is a super rare name so I live it up anytime I find it anywhere!!

On to the weekend.

We were pretty busy this weekend between outings and chores and the Super Bowl. We spent some time walking around the mall, Mike went to the batting cages, and I had a hair appointment.


My bestie's little guy turned one recently and most of Sunday we celebrating his birthday. His birthday was Olaf-themed and my friend asked me to create a banner to hang up at the party. This is what I came up with and I think it looked pretty good with all of the other decorations!



We watched the Super Bowl at our house Sunday night and my father-in-law came over for the game. Since we were (mildly) cheering for Carolina, we were planning on having fried chicken, biscuits, and sweet tea to show our support. But we filled up so much on finger food at the birthday party that neither of us wanted to eat anything. I thought the halftime show was really good and of course, Beyonce killed it. We also managed to find an American feed that showed all of the American commercials. (Normally, the Canadian broadcast will show the American game coverage but will sub in Canadian commercials, which stink.) So, are you happy with the results? Will this be it for Peyton Manning? Seems like a pretty good way to end a career, if that's what he decided to do!


Hope you had a great weekend!

------
Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for her Weekending series! 

10 comments:

  1. That birthday party is too cute! I love a huge island...they are just so nice to have with all the extra workspace/storage and dining space! I hope this is it for Peyton...be the perfect way to end on a high note!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that island is swoon worthy I can see why you love it!! Such a great weekend - babies birthday's are the best! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful looking birthday! Have a great week!!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sub in commercials_ interesting?!? Are commercials for the game as hyped up and expensive as they are here?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for getting your hair done! That's always the best feeling! Absolutely love the kitchen inspiration! That long island is perfect! Especially for entertaining. <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. When my parents remodeled our house, they opted for a big island. It has a raised level for dining and then on the lower level is a small sink and prep space. We love it and have it instead of a separate table. We have a dining room, but we don't eat in there much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that Peyton should go out on top. Guess we'll see what he decides.

    By the way, I was playing on Snapchat with my "niece" & she saw the pictures of the stuff you did for the birthday party & yelled out - "Olaf!" Ha, ha! You did a great job with the decorations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I've seen an island like that before, but it seems really cool!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, your Olaf banner is SO CUTE!!! You did an amazing job!
    Oh and ps that baby looks good on you... just saying ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well you already know how I feel about the results of the game so I'll skip over that...ha! But I will say that the commercials this year were not up to par at all. And that baby monkey head thing like...seriously, wtf? Thinking back still makes me sad (insert dramatic face emoji here) but what makes me happy is that Olaf party!!! Olaf is my favorite Disney character literally ever. When he sang his song about summer, I knew we were cut from the same cloth. I just adore him! You banner looks AMAZING! It looks like you ordered it from a professional! Great job!! As for the island situation...I actually JUST saw one of these on fixer upper! It looked so good! I loved it then and I love it in those pictures you linked the only thing is, I think I would have to see the floor plan or hear your ideas for open space because it seems like without a table there would just be a ton of empty space left? Maybe not though, like I said, I would have to see the floor plan. If it wouldn't look like something was straight up missing though I say go for it. This is great! On fixer upper they mentioned it would be a great space for kids to do homework at as well! Looks like you had a lovely weekend! Thanks for sending my boys some good vibes :) xx

    ReplyDelete