Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Canada Blooms

Over the weekend, I went to Canada Blooms with my mom and broski in Toronto. Canada Blooms is Canada's largest annual flower and garden festival and features lots of different flower types, arrangements and landscaping.


The only other time I have been was in 1998 when I was 10 years old, also with my mom. Growing up, my mom owned a flower shop. We were always around flowers so it was nice to walk around with her 18 years later and teach my little brother about different things.


The lighting wasn't exactly a dream back then or today but I am sharing some photos anyway! If you follow my on snapchat (evelinafortuna), then I already spammed you with these and tons more pictures. I was so excited to be there!









This year they also merged with the National Home Show and I had all the heart eye emojis for the gorgeous kitchen displays. I can't wait to build our future house (through a builder) one day and choose all of our finishes! 

Once we were done with Canada Blooms, we hung around Exhibition Place (aka CNE, aka The Ex) to take in the sights and, of course, take pictures. 




For all my local Ontario readers, Canada Blooms and the National Home Show is still on until the end of the week. And it's a pretty family-friendly place so I recommend it as a good March Break activity!

19 comments:

  1. My mom and I would really enjoy that! We love going to festivals together--so glad you got in some quality family time!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This definitely looked like a really fun event!! I think they would have to watch me carefully because I'd want to take some blooms home with me! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your snaps were amazing! So many gorgeous flowers and displays! Such a fun event! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much fun that your mom was a florist. I love flowers and these look beautiful!

    Xoxo,

    Whitney & Blaire

    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness, it looks absolutely beautiful! That garden gnome (made out of moss?!) is too neat. It looks like a great time, and that is so neat that you were able to go with your mom. How amazing that she used to own a florist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would go crazy at this show!! I got my green thumb from my mom too and LOVE to plant flowers galore in Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like something fun to go to! I love seeing gorgeous flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to go there! My gardening skills are lacking but I can appreciate some beautiful arrangements =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how beautiful! This reminds me of the Conservatory at the Bellagio hotel in Vegas! It's a huge indoor space and everything is decorated in fresh flowers... it's ah-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, what gorgeous displays of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg how awesome!! I would have to take some major allergy medication but I'd soo goo to this!! The flowers must have been beautiful!!! =)

    Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely event! I'm swooning over all of those gorgeous blooms :)

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw the pictures on snapchat! That place looks GORGEOUS! I would be in heaven with all those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute picture of you and your brother in the cutouts! All those flowers look awesome - I bet it was such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful flower displays! How can anyone not enjoy flowers, they just make me smile. Awe, a 10 year old Evelina :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How sweet to revisit with your little brother!! Is that a family tradition I see forming?! You guys are too cute!! xx

    ReplyDelete