Friday, March 4, 2016

Friday Favourite: Gossip Girl

You know that empty, void feeling you get when you finish watching an entire show? That's me right now. Last night we finally finished watching Gossip Girl. It was a crazy, turbulent, extravagant show and it hooked me from the first episode.


We started watching right before our trip to NYC to maybe catch a glimpse of some places to visit. When we got back, we were still on a New York high and wanted more. We continued to watch and became more and more entranced by the characters. I keep saying "we" because while my husband may not admit it to his buddies, he watched every single episode with me. 


All of the characters had their flaws but I think Blair came ahead as a personal favourite in the later seasons. I was really rooting for her and Chuck the whole time. I obviously loved Dorota for being a fellow Polish countrywoman, her humour, and her loyalty! I had an inkling that Gossip Girl was who she was (no spoilers for those that are currently watching!) but it was still a surprise when it was revealed. 



It's crazy how a show can hook you and make you feel so connected! But I have to say, I am so grateful that my life is so much calmer and drama-free. I definitely would not be able to handle it on the Upper East Side. But I wouldn't mind some of those shoes! 

You know you love me. Xoxo, gossip girl  Evelina     

:)

Have a good weekend!


21 comments:

  1. Haha I totally forgot Serena had a blog!! I loved that show...it was the best and I remember reading the books before it actually became a show like freshman year of high school! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the books but never got into the show. I have only heard good things about it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely eye guzzled that show a couple of years ago! It's the best! I was shocked at the end to find out who the gossip "girl" was!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so into this show when it came out and now you’ve inspired me to re-watch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're making me want to rewatch GG all over again! Such a good show! Blair was definitely one of my favorites by the end. I felt like she grew so much. <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. i still love GG. and i still play the soundtrack from the first two seasons. the must was SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh GG :) Such a good show and always worth watching for the 2nd (or 3rd... or 4th...) time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes gossip girl! I wasn't a big fan of the ending though, but I won't say why in case anyone else hasn't watched it. I of course wish some parts could have changed too... Either way it's one of my most rewatched shows.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so hooked on Gossip Girl as well - so good! Have you ever seen Friday Night Lights? It has a similar effect!

    Annessa / www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I felt the same way when I finished Friday Night Lights. I'm still very emotionally invested. My friend was telling me I needed to watch Gossip Girl so maybe I'll start it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like I need to start watching this because I think I'm the only one who doesn't! It's right up my alley so I have no idea why I never did in the first place!!

    Lindsay
    Lindsay's Sweet World

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Dorota was probably my favorite character-- and I was always Team Blair, for some reason I really just didn't ever care for Serena or her story lines. Such a fun show :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know exactly what you mean! I feel that way every time I end a series that I've watched so quickly in a row. Most recently it was One Tree Hill. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved that show! I got on the bandwagon late and just watched it last year haha. Also, my husband watched every single episode with me too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's how I felt when I finished Friday Night Lights (which, btw if you need a replacement for GG, check it out!!!). I need to rewatch GG some day, so many great episodes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so cry when my favorite series end, it's like I'm losing my family, lol. I hope you have a spectacular weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I miss that show so much! It's the worst when you go from having so many episodes to watch to having nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now you have me wanting to rewatch GG!! I loved that show! Blair was my favorite, esp at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I started watching this show but never finished it. I think that I watched the first three seasons. :\

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love GG. I watched the first 5 seasons in about 2 months time and then had to wait for the 6th season to come on Netflix. One of my favorite shows. I started watching it again at the gym. Such a great show and I can't believe I never watched it while it was on. I loved Blair. Always a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I read that Post and got it fine and informative. Please share more like that...
    Obama movie

    ReplyDelete