Thursday, March 24, 2016

Happy Birthday FORTUNATE HOUSE!

Today marks the ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of when I hit publish on my first post! Huge. I didn't really know what to expect when I decided that I wanted to start a blog but this past year has been so amazing. I have learned more than I can put into words and for that I am extremely grateful. I love the amazing friendships that come from this community and I love having an outlet for my voice.


So let's break this year down by the numbers:

174: Number of posts written to date

1879: Number of comments received (I love each one of you guys!)

6: Average number of times I retake the exact same photo from a different angle

90: Percent of photos taken with my iPhone

12: Number of post ideas I have scribbled down in my Notes app

2: Number of posts I have sitting in my Drafts folder

66: Percent of my readers which live in America

26: Number of posts on my Instagram (@fortunatehouseblog)

3: Average number of Snapchat posts per day (@evelinafortuna) -- will be way more this weekend!

71: Number of link ups joined in the past year

7: Number of Guys Behind The Blog posts

3: Number of recipes posted

3: Number of times I have said the word "y'all" -- also the number of times I shouldn't have said the word "y'all" because I'm not from the South (but often wish I was!)

123,456,789: Number of kisses I am sending out to you for visiting my little slice of the Internet.

Today is such a special day for me and I hope you will celebrate with me! Mike and I are planning to have dinner at a nice restaurant, maybe with a slice of cheesecake?

Oh and in case you were waiting at the edge of your seat... Remember when I mentioned that we couldn't decide if we will travel this weekend? Well, we are roadtripping to North Carolina!!

I'm so excited!


I hope all of you have a wonderful Easter long weekend. May the Easter Bunny bring you lots of chocolate! See you on Tuesday!

25 comments:

  1. Happy blog birthday!!!!! Love getting to know you through your slice of internet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for one year with your blog! I'm impressed you only have 2 draft posts, I always have a million half written posts! Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Happy blog-birthday! I love how you broke everything down. Yay for coming to North Carolina. You'll be really close to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo!! Happy blogiversary girl! Hope you guys have an awesome trip this weekend! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! One year is a huge milestone and have a great holiday weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. One year! That's so exciting! And enjoy North Carolina--hope the weather is great!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your blog, lady!!!! Have so much fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Happy 1 year to you and your blog! It's always so much fun to see how far you've come from the blog posts in the early days. Enjoy your weekend trip down to NC - it'll be nice & warm and maybe UNC will keep up with their March Madness winning through the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy blogiversary!! Love this numbers post and saving the idea for later! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo hoo! Happy 1 year to your blog! Isn't blogging so fun?! I can't believe I just found your blog, but I love it!! I also love anything gold so your blog design sucked me in and I have read a few of your "house" posts! Your house is so cute!! Can't wait to follow along and get to know you better through your blog!

    Have fun in NC this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blogiversary! One year is such an exciting milestone. I'm glad y'all decided to come to NC, life is good here, especially if our Heels keep winning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy one year, girl!! That's so awesome!

    And hey, have fun in NC!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy blogiversary! It sounds like you're going to have a blast celebrating in North Carolina this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Come on down south! Cheers to your blog anniversary and your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on one year!! I have absolutely loved following along this past year and can't wait to see what you come up with this next year. Have so much fun in NC! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ummmm congratulations!!!! I can't believe it's been a year already! I have loved following along with you and finding out more about you through the year! You're one of my favorite blogs. I can agree with the 90% being taken with the iphone.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Blog Birthday!!! Your year has been amazing, pretty sure my first 2 years of blogging combined didnt have more than 20 comments ;) So glad to be following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. happy blogiversary!! love this way of doing a recap :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for a year of blogging!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay! Happy Blogiverary!!!! I love your little corner of the internet and I'm so glad that we found each other! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  21. P.S. You can say y'all anytime you want! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats!!! Love the breakdown :)

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy, happy Blogiversary!!!! Can't believe it's been a whole year. So excited I found you (or you found me??) and that I've had the chance to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, congratulations on all of your success thus far! Looking forward to seeing more! :)
    http://www.travelalphas.com

    ReplyDelete