Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Oops! We Skipped Easter!

We totally didn't do Easter this year for the first time EVER!

Not because we're boycotting or anything mean, but we took the opportunity to travel! Mike and I both had Friday and Monday off from work and we knew we wanted to go SOMEWHERE. We were toying with Philadelphia to see UNC play in the March Madness tournament but the tickets were to expensive and we just couldn't swing it. Next best thing: go to North Carolina to celebrate the team's success with other fans! That, and see some real spring because lawd knows it's not here in Ontario yet. (Southern talk makes me so happy.)






I pretty much stopped to take a photo of every single flower and blooming tree I saw. If you follow me on snapchat, I am totally guilty of oversnapping our vaca and for that I apologize. We just had such a wonderful time! I will do a proper recap of the trip as soon as I get all my thoughts and photos in order.

Since we were away, we sadly missed out on the holiday get togethers with family but we will be seeing them this week and we will give my niece and nephew their Easter baskets.

I did manage to put a couple of Easter touches up around the house before we left.





So how was your long weekend? Did you celebrate Easter? Are you in a chocolate coma? Don't mind me. I'll just be over here quietly weeping while putting my spring dresses and sandals back in the closet for another month or so.

------
Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for her Weekending series! 

18 comments:

  1. What gorgeous photos! Those flowers are just SO pretty! So glad you guys had a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have done the same thing!!!! I could totally go for a little getaway right now even if just for the weekend. As for the chocolate coma ... let's just say I need to throw away the rest of the kids' Easter candy, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house looks gorgeous as usual! And those flowers- absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG loving all your pretty flower pics! So jealous of all the spring stuff! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spent my weekend watching basketball too. Houston, here we come!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's totally ok to skip Easter if it means you got to travel somewhere warm that you loved! All of those flowers look goooorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful pictures!! Spring down here in the south is definitely gorgeous! I'm glad y'all had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yayyyy so glad you guys decided to get away! Loving all the gorgeous flower pics <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun fun fun! So glad you guys got to get away and enjoy all the spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved all your Snaps from your lil adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you for taking advantage of your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed the pictures you posted on IG too! Glad you had a great unconventional Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The photographs look so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your mantel!! So cute and simple. Long weekends are the absolute best! Glad y'all were able to get away for the weekend and enjoy a good trip to the south :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your Easter weekend! And all of those flowers are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that instead of going to the game, you just decided to go to North Carolina. I would have never thought of that but that's genius! How far away is NC from you guys? Being wayyyyyy over here on the West Coast, I feel like driving there would take SO LONG but really California is so big that it probably takes 10+ hours to drive through the whole state (north/south) so my idea of driving places is kind of skewed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ummmm NC is beautiful! Makes me really want to visit! We didn't entirely skip Easter but we didn't celebrate it either. We just gave Sophie an easter basket but for the most part we hung out. I wrote about how Sophie didn't have the best time over the break :/ Thankfully it seems like she has returned to her normal happy self.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh I love your Easter touches! And I'm guilty of snapping too many flower pics too! What's your snapchat name??

    ReplyDelete