Monday, March 21, 2016

Weekending

Hello, hello! Happy Monday and happy Spring!


This weekend was a nice low-key one for us. We didn't have a lot of plans or obligations. It was a nice change of pace from our other weekends which usually tend to be on the busy side. Sometimes I really look forward to just relaxing. I think our lack of plans was mostly a result of Mike wanting to watch March Madness. But I am happy to report that I have a very happy husband because UNC -- and his bracket -- are doing well!

On Friday we had his parents over for dinner and some basketball watching. We made a new recipe that we found on Buzzfeed Tasty and it actually turned out really well! I was really nervous because making something for the first time ever and for company could go really wrong. It was called a meatball sub bake.


We also tried Tasty's Chicken Bombs on Sunday for dinner and this was also really delicious but we struggled a little more at getting it right. Once we ironed out the kinks, we were really happy with it!

Saturday we drove across the border to pick up a couple online orders at our mailbox. It was a beautiful day and there were lots of people out and about. The borders were a little busy but not too bad. Well, except that we had our car searched! We only had about $75 to declare and I guess that was abnormally low so they wanted to take a look to make sure we weren't hiding anything. And of course, they found nothing! While in the States, we lunched at Qdoba, our new favourite quick meal spot. I can't believe how long we have been missing out! But they just recently opened a location in Niagara Falls, NY so it wasn't really accessible before.



On Saturday night I was catching up on blogging and I came across Sara's post (from Running From Law) on her first Geocaching experience. I had heard about Geocaching before but never really knew the ins and outs. Basically, it's a world-wide scavenger hunt where items are placed for others to find. Her post really inspired me to give it a try and Mike and I went searching on Sunday! According to the website, there were several caches within walking distance of our house and we found two! I had so much fun and definitely plan on doing this again!


It turns out this seriously is a worldwide phenomenon because there's a bunch hidden around my grandparents' house in Poland! I immediately called them on Skype to tell them all about it and we are planning on going hunting when Mike and I visit in Poland! So fun. Thanks Sara!!

This past Sunday was also my cat Lenny's 16th birthday! For his birthday, he asked for an extra long fur brushing, a new box to play in, and no guests. We were happy to make all his wishes come true! He's such a sweet little guy. I love you, Lenny Benny!


Hope you all had a great weekend!

------
Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for her Weekending series! 

30 comments:

  1. Oh my word, I love your cat!!! Precious! So glad that UNC is doing well. Qdoba is a favorite of mine, too, I would be so sad to not have one close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of Geocaching, so now I'm off to go read about that! It sounds like a great weekend, and I think my husband had a similar agenda to yours! Oh, March Madness. I'm glad your husband's team and bracket are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geocaching has always intrigued me, but I’ve never gone searching for them! So cool that there were a few close to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Geocatching sounds so cool!! I love that they are so close to you!
    And PLEASE share what is that Qdoba burrito! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of geocaching but I asked my husband and he said he's found one before! Small world! Looks like a fun weekend!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post has me so hungry!! I seriously want some tex-mex tonight!! I wonder if Boston has any geocatching around it...it would be fun to try!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geocaching is awesome! Such a fun way to spend a day exploring on foot. We've done it on a couple of low key vacations and had so much fun learning a new place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE geocaching! I always forget about it- we used to do it in Atlanta all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am always nervous to make a new recipe when someone else is trying it besides my husband and I haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great weekend, especially with UNC still in the tournament :) Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That qdoba sandwich? Roll? Looks gigantic! Oh my gosh but looks full of delicious goodness.

    Kyle used to geocache quite a bit before we met, in fact the day he asked me out was the day that he had been geocaching that morning (after his night shift at work) and ended up getting all sandy and gross because he was on the beach. I would love to brush you cat Lenny, he looks so fluffy and long haired. Fluffy our cat surprisingly doesn't shed that much. So we don't brush her but once a week or so.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw you doing the Geocaching and was so interested. I never have tried but am curious to try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh fun, a worldwide scavenger hunt sounds like a blast!! And yes, now I am hungry as well, LOL! I hope your week is off to great start

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so excited that you guys went geocaching and found some! We've had so much fun doing this with the kids over the last few weeks. I'm already scouting out all the caches close to us in Florida when we go on vacation next month! It's totally addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, 16?! Happy birthday to Lenny!! He is just gorgeous... those eyes!

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Geocaching sounds like it would be so much fun! Not totally sure what a meatball sub bake is but it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That meatball bake looks yummy! Don't you just love Tasty videos!? Qdoba is one of my favorites!
    Happy birthday to cute Lenny!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's very cool that you live so close to the border so you can visit the US. Which state did you drive into?

    ReplyDelete
  19. So fun that you went Geocaching!! That's going to make our weekend agenda one of these weeks.
    And how awesome that you live so close to the border and the Falls. I visited almost 12 years ago, and made it to Canada for an evening. It was seriously so amazing, and one of the most fun times I've ever had!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty shot of Niagara Falls. Ironically, we've been talking about going to Niagara Falls, NY for vacation this summer. I'm not positive we're going but it's a possibility. Is that where you usually go when you come into the US? You'll have to share any must do activities if we do decide to go!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Relaxed weekends are needed to recharge! I was inspired by Sara to go geocaching too! How fun! Did you leave any special trinket?!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love watching all of those recipe videos by Tasty! We love Geocaching. We were bummed that we didn’t think of doing it while we were camping this weekend. We imagine there were lots out in the area that we were camping in! It will be so much fun to Geocache in Poland. I look forward to reading about it. I hope Lenny had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the post! Have a nice day:)

    http://bit.ly/1VopR1N

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like a relaxing and nice weekend. And happy birthday to your kitty! 16 years is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Can you do a blog post about how to open a mail box across the border for online shopping and how to send your online purchases to that address :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fun weekend! And Happy Birthday to your sweet kitty! Mine is currently curled up at my feet. He is my best buddy when I'm up late blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  27. So fun that you guys went geocaching! I didn't even know about it until Sara posted it. I really need to check it out because Mason would probably love going on a scavenger hunt like that!

    ReplyDelete
  28. awwww happy birthday to Lenny!!! he looks so sweet :)
    oh my gosh, my husband's favourite place to eat is qdoba. when we first started dating, we ate there 2-3 times a week, and for someone like me who ate 'mexican' once or twice a year (not including homemade tacos and nachos), i quickly got sick of it haha. now i hardly eat it, but your meal looks amazing, so i might have to visit soon. also, that meatball sub bake looks AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOL! My cat would ask for no guests, as well! So funny! Happy Birthday, Lenny!

    Qdoba! Yes! It's amazing! I live in Michigan, but it's at least an hour to find a Qdoba.....always worth the drive!

    Geocaching... Okay. That's it! I'm signing up. I think my kiddos would have a blast! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Birthday
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete