Friday, April 15, 2016

Five on Friday

One
I was strolling through Indigo (Canada's version of Barnes & Noble) after a Starbucks date with a girlfriend because they always have the cutest accessories. I immediately fell in love with their laptop trays. I think they are so adorable but I'm not sure if Mike would love how girly they are for the living room. I ended up getting this little jewelry dish for my nightstand. To my fellow Canadian ladies, Indigo is killing it right now! 


1  |  2  |  3

Two
This week started out less than great. Monday morning I spilled my coffee all down my white shirt but somehow managed to clean it up. Then about an hour later, I spilled yogurt in the exact same spot. It was a hot mess. But really it wasn't that bad. Until I tried to make french macaroons on Tuesday. I bought all the ingredients on the weekend and was really excited to make them. I had read that they are the most difficult cookie to make but I was determined. I used this recipe and started as soon as I got home from work. Long story short, I screwed up. I added the eggs when I shouldn't have. SO I went back out to the store to get more ingredients. Restart! Still determined. And then I screwed up again. This time, I misread the amount of sugar needed and added 8 times more than the recipe said. I was supposed to have batter the consistency of molten lava, but instead had this.


Three
Wednesday brought me another disaster moment. I went to drive home after work but my car wouldn't start. It's 12 years old so I honestly thought it was donezo ("my car is DONEZO!" Do you recognize that quote?) Turns out all I needed was a boost because the battery died. The only reason I can think of for this happening is maybe I didn't close the door all the way? The CAA guy came about an hour later and I was soon back in business. 


Four
I am hosting an off-site conference at work today and I have to admit I'm nervous. Public speaking does not come easily to me and I am always a nervous wreck. But I practiced a lot so I'm well prepared and really comfortable with the topic at hand. Wish me luck!! 


Five
Thank you for all the love on my post yesterday!! I worked really hard to make this video and the positive feedback made my heart happy! I was nervous to put it out in the blogosphere because it's far from perfect but I really hope to get better as I make more vacation videos. Our families loved watching it too which was my main objective. 

I hope you have a very fabulous weekend! See you Monday! 

------
Linking up with ChristinaAprilDarci, and Natasha for Five on Friday

18 comments:

  1. Such a bummer about the macaroons. Sounds like something I would do. :) It's so annoying when something like that happens with cars. Ugh! I hope your conference goes well. I'm sure you'll do great! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These laptop trays are the cutest! I don't think my husband would go for them either haha! Good luck with the conference today and have a wonderful weekend!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those lap desks are so cute and they come with a cup holder too!! I'm sorry the macarons didn't work out - the first (and only time) I made them was in a class with the help of an instructor lol! Hope you have a great weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck with your conference sweetie, You'll do Amazing!! Yep, with a capitol A!! And love that lil jewelry tray! So cute, like you! Happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so brave! I would never attempt to make French Macaroons. I figure there is a reason those little delicious cookies are so expensive!Wishing you the best of luck today!!!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck hosting the conference. I know you will do great! I made macaroons a few years ago, but they are somewhat labor intensive. I can try to send you the instructions I used, if you would like. Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's me baking.. every single time. Good luck with the conference!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your conference! You will do amazing! And yes, I remember that exact scene from LB! And after that all of my friends used the word DONEZO! I may bring it back for old time's sake haha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boooo about your car, and I will forever remember that Laguna Beach moment! Cheers to a much better weekend <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck at your conference! I'm sure you will be great :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl, you sound like you need the weekend asap! What a crazy week! And good luck today... I would rather do pretty much anything than public speaking, so I can't even imagine how you must be feeling today. I would be a wreck! I'm sure you'll do great, though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you were able to get your car fixed!! Good luck today :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. good luck with the conference! i am terrified of public speaking so i give you a lot of credit! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  14. That jewelry tray is gorgeous! Good idea to keep it next to your bed. Public speaking makes me so nervous so I wish you luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh man I've had baking disasters like that before! Don't get discouraged, I'm sure you'll get it right! I hope your conference went smoothly today!

    xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope your conference went well! I bet you did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete