Monday, April 4, 2016

Weekending

Happy Monday!

We had another huge snowfall yesterday and after our amazing trip to the South last week where it was so warm and springy, I am struggling from the winter blues. I know it's almost over but it is definitely dragging. Seriously, it's April! But feels more like January. 



But anyway, onto the actual ongoings. Friday I fell asleep around 8 while reading and when I woke up from my nap, I took out my contacts and went right back to bed. Despite having a short week, I feel like I never really caught up on sleep from our long road trip. Not exactly a wild Friday night but at least I got the rest I very much needed.


On Saturday, we visited Mike's brother and then ventured out to a nearby outlet mall so that I could pick up a new purse. I wanted something fresh for the not-yet-here spring time. Warm weather may not be here yet, but I am totally embracing spring fashions as much as I can. And Kate Spade was having a 50% of sale that I definitely took advantage of!


And while we were in the area, I couldn't say no to a little geocache hunt! Ever since I learned about and started geocaching, I try to look for one when ever I find myself in a different neighbourhood. I even got one in North Carolina!

I now realize I signed the wrong date! Should have been April 2. Whoops!

On Sunday we met up with Mike's cousins for dinner. We tried a new local pizza restaurant that was a hit! I could definitely see us going there again. While we were there, there was a family with a little girl named Avalina. When they said her name, I definitely thought they were talking to me because it sounded so similar and my name is so rare! They pronounced it AH-ve-li-na and mine is EH-ve-li-na. I was so exited to see it being used in newer generations. 


This weekend was also filled with lots of exciting sports watching. University of North Carolina played Saturday night against Syracuse in the Final Four game. We just watched the game at home but of course, dressed up for the occasion. They are playing in the basketball championship game today and Mike is a bundle of nerves. Please keep your fingers crossed for a win!! You know what they say, #happyhusbandhappylife. Ok ok, I want them to win too. 


Also, it was baseball Opening Day yesterday!! Here's hoping for another successful Pirates season! We actually had tickets to Opening Day at PNC Park but ended up selling them to make more funds available for our trip last week. It turned out to be really cold at the game yesterday so I was happy to watch on my couch with the heat on. Lenny was too. 


I hope you had a great weekend (hopefully with much less snow than me!) 

------
Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for her Weekending series! 

32 comments:

  1. I want to go geocaching so bad. It looks like so much fun and I know my kids would love it. Looks like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love geocaching while hiking, it's so fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. UMM that pizza?! Yes please! And I can't believe all the snow you got, so crazy! Meanwhile I was laying out by the pool... you just need to move to FL. :) <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you need to share what you got from Kate Spade!! Everyone was so blue walking to work today with the snow falling - it's just sad LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO crazy about the snow, lady! like WOW!!!! It was crisp here this weekend but sunny for the most part. What did you get from KS?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like I never catch up on sleep even though I do try to sleep more often. I took advantage of some sales this weekend too, not at Kate Spade though. I really only like her watches.

    We had pizza this weekend too!!

    I feel like living in the south we want the cooler weather because it so early in the year to be getting so much heat.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the snow melts soon for you! At least it sounds like you had a nice weekend and yay for a new purse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot believe you had snow! That sounds awful!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snow?! That's crazy! I hope that you get some warmer weather your way soon! Congrats to your Tarheels - I have them winning in my bracket so I'm definitely a fan tonight ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great weekend except for the snow. We got snow on Saturday as well - like 5 inches but most of it has now melted. Thank the Lord!

    Good luck to UNC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear ya girl, snow here too and more predicted for Thursday, yuck!!! Go Tarheels!! You all look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 50% off Kate Spade?! man what I deal. Let's get our team to a victory tonight. GO HEELS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like so much fun!!! So cold though. I live in the South and it was in the 70s and I loved it

    ReplyDelete
  14. EEEEK 50% off Kate Spade?! You lucky girl! Glad that y'all had a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun weekend! We had a little snow Sunday morning but it melted by lunch. It was cold and rainy all weekend though! I am so ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a great weekend!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  17. Boo to snow but yay to Kate Spade sales! What did you get??

    ReplyDelete
  18. That sucks that there's still snow falling! Hopefully it'll go away soon and move on to warmer weather! Hooray for sales at Kate Spade! You can't beat a 50% off sale!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Monday
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay for Kate Spade sales! Sorry you're dealing with crummy weather, sending some warmth up for your way for spring to stay <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't believe you guys are still getting snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow, I couldn't imagine getting snow now in VA! You gotta love purse shopping, especially at 50% off.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like a great weekend!! I can't wait to see which purse you ended up getting since you showed two on snapchat and then said you bought something completely different!
    SO cool that you met/ran into someone with the same name as you, even if it is pronounced differently! I'm so used to meeting people with my name since it's so common, but that must have been so cool to hear someone have your same name too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooo I want to see your new purse! I have the hardest time dressing for spring, do you have any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't believe that snow! Sending warm temps your way from the south! Hang in there girl!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ugh...it snowed over the weekend here too...I just wanted to close my curtains!!! Glad you had a fun weekend - it's always nice to see friends/family (and get a Kate Spade bag!!!)!!

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, the snow. We've had snow the last two days, too. This from someone who loves snow...NO MORE!!!! I need me some spring and sun! <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. Trying a new pizza place sounds awesome. Local places are the best since they're usually made with love. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  29. Geocaching is so much fun I always forget about it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I know last night had to be rough for you guys, but UNC played a great game! Those last two shots of the game were both just unbelievable!

    Also I love that the little girl had a name so similar to yours. It's such a beautiful name!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That pizza looks yummy! You need to post a pic of the new purse. Bummed that the Tarheels lost last night!

    ReplyDelete