Thursday, May 5, 2016

Cinco! Cinco! Cinco!

Happy Cinco de Mayo, friends! Being a Polish Canadian, I have as much business celebrating this holiday as a t-rex does taking selfies, but I love to join in on the fun regardless. I love Mexican food and latin music and that's reason enough for me!

Today we plan on celebrating by popping across the border to be one country closer to the real festivities. (Actually, it's to pick up a few things at our mailbox and Target but tomato, tomahto.) And while we're there we will be appropriately dining at Qdoba. Or Chipotle. Or anywhere that will sell us burritos.

Last year, we made the ultimate Mexican-themed dinner with quesadillas, chips & guacamole, coronas, and even a little bit of tequila. In all honesty, the tequila wasn't consumed, but it was there for appearances.


So to kick start the party, I have rounded up some themed favourites.

Favourite Cinco De Mayo cutie-pie:


Favourite Cinco De Mayo truth:
(We have been repeating this almost non stop ALL WEEK. Apologies to our friends & family for the frequency.)


Favourite Cinco De Mayo tablescape:


Favourite Cinco De Mayo recipe:
(Dipped churros)


Favourite Cinco De Mayo outfit:

1  |  2  |  3  |  4

Favourite Cinco De Mayo greens:


Favourite Cinco De Mayo card:


Favourite Cinco De Mayo listen:


I can't stop listening to this song today! And that video is mariachi GOLD. Happy 5th! 

25 comments:

  1. Oh yes I'm all for letting chipotle do the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! And I'm absolutely loving that embroidered midi skirt - so cute!

    Zelle
    Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! SO many great Cinco things! Those churros look absolutely amazing! Enjoy your burrito tonight!! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Target trip AND a burrito? Girl, that's my kind of Cinco de Mayo celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh your opening paragraph made me giggle!! I think I might need to pick up some coronas for tonight!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pink and orange tablescape is SO cute! Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG your opening sentence!!!! Hilarity!

    Happy Cinco de Mayo! I hope you find some good stuff at Target!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I too plan on getting me some Mexican grub this evening after my grocery shopping & such. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving those pots and plants!!! I need one for my desk at home most definitely! I'm going to look at one this weekend hahah

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that y'all have the best time tonight eating burritos and celebrating Cinco de Mayo! I mean everybody's Mexican on Cinco de Mayo, kind of like everybody's Irish on St. Paddy's Day, right? The puppy with the sombrero on is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha your opening line is too funny, thanks for the laugh. I love that table!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A t-rex taking selfies!!! I love it!!!
    Those churros look amazing!
    We definitely have no business celebrating either BUT that won't stop us. We're having tacos and margaritas tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy cinco de mayo! Great post dear and beautiful pictures!
    Have an amazing weekend!
    Much love, Pisa
    www.inlovewithmyclothes.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. that video is EVERYTHING. so glad you shared it--unintentionally hilarious. i've had some cinco and tequila tasting (can't do the shots anymore!) parties in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That video is too funny and I love the little dog in the sombrero! That tablesscape is so pretty! Have a great weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  16. Baha ha! You are hilarious. This post was super cute and funny. I hope you had a fun time celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL at t-rex's taking selfies! I don't have much business celebrating Cinco either, but who can say no to some good Mexican food and margaritas! Cheers <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are such a cute Nut! This is one of the cutest Cinco de Mayo round ups I've seen! Have a beautiful weekend gorgeous lady!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mmm! Those dipped churro's look so good! I wish I had planned a Mexican dinner for us last night, I somehow didn't realize it was going to be May 5 when I planned our meal plans the week before! Oops!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. omg lol the dog with the sombrero ! thats amazing

    http://www.carolinapinglo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. This post cracked me up! I hope you had a great 5th of May!

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are hilarious, Evelina!!! A T-Rex taking selfies though, dying! I have no embroidered tops and I may have to remedy that before next year's festivities.

    ReplyDelete