Friday, May 13, 2016

Five on Friday

One
Mike's softball season has started! I go to almost all of his games to show my support. A few of our friends are also on the team and I love to hang out with the other ladies cheering on our men! My mom and brother also come to a bunch of the games too so it's always a fun time in the sun. Or rain. Or freezing cold. Really, it's just a fun social engagement for me a couple days a week!


Two
I am loving the song You Don't Own Me by Grace ft G-Eazy. It's actually an old song (first released in the 60s) and I have loved it since I heard it in my all-time favourite movie, Dirty Dancing. I love that this remix has a little bit of a more urban vibe but still stays true to the original version. It's what I am playing on repeat these days!!


Three
Did anyone watch the Big Brother Canada finale last night? I don't want to spoil anything in case there are people who are behind so I won't say who won but it was a fun finale! The people I was rooting for (first Mitch, then Cassandra) sadly didn't make it to the end. To be honest, I didn't really care for any of the finalists so it didn't matter much to me who won but I was still surprised by the outcome!

Four
In the past I have been pretty tight-lipped about this little blog of mine in fear of people thinking it's silly/a waste of time/too revealing. It shouldn't be as big of a deal as it is for others to know since this is out in the open for anyone to find. But this week I told two more of my girlfriends about it and I am so grateful for their amazing feedback and support. Ladies, you know who you are. Love you!!

Five
I want to wrap this week up by spreading some love to a couple fellow bloggers!
-     I have been reading Chris Loves Julia for years and their blog is primarily about home renos. This week they announced that they will be hosting a podcast! So far I listened to the first one and already I love it!
-     Tawnya at All of Life's Little Adventures wrote a very real and heartfelt post about motherhood. I think there's so much I have to learn about what it means to be a parent and I love reading things like this that show the good, the bad, and the ugly. I especially love this quote "...it’s about falling apart so that you can put yourself back together only more mature, more insightful, more forgiving, more patient, more deliberate..."

I hope you have a happy Friday the 13th and a very wonderful weekend! See you on the other side!


------

Linking up with ChristinaAprilDarci, and Natasha for Five on Friday!

19 comments:

  1. I love Big Brother, although I'm in America, so it's the American version. I noticed your comment on Carolina Charm, I had the same problem too. I had no idea there was a limit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that your friends are supporting your blog! I put my blog out there from day one for everyone to see, but then I moved, so I was a little nervous to share the blog with the new friends I was making in my new town. I understand where you're coming from on that one & it's nice when people are supportive of it after you share it with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always a good feeling when people are supportive of the blog, though I totally understand the initial apprehension! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I not know there was a remake of You Don't Own Me?! LOVE it! And I know what you mean about telling friends about your blog, I generally keep mine pretty quiet too but glad you've got some support! Happy Friday! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard that song yesterday and was like - wait a minute I know this...I love when they sing it in First Wives Club!! Hope you have a great weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second Biana--I loved it when they sang it in First Wives Club! I need to rewatch that movie this weekend--it's such a favorite!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't watch either of these shows! maybe I should start!

    Danielle
    http://www.blushblossom.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so much fun that you make your husband's softball games a big social event! That's definitely the perfect way to stay warm when there's a cold or a rainy day! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm always very tight lipped about my blog as well... only a handful of people I know in real life even know about it. I know so many other bloggers who are the same way and it's so weird that all of us feel that way! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hubby's softball league sounds like so much fun!! Especially since there are other friends to hang out with!! I hear ya about the blog... sometimes it's hard telling others because they don't understand. It's so much nicer when they understand and don't make fun of you for taking pictures ;) Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's always so great to have some real friends read your blog so they can understand why you pour time into it! Thanks for commenting on my blog the other day. I'm adding yours to my feedly!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i feel super weird when my real life friends/people i know know about my blog! i'm so glad they don't know about this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel the same way about telling people about my blog. My friends tell more people than I do. Either people don't know/understand blogging or have a preconceived notion about it. I'm glad we all have each other here on the Internet. We understand and support each other which is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't tell anyone about my blog for months except my sister and sister-in-law and then when one of them let it slip on Facebook, I was freaking out. Everyone was so positive, I don't know why I was worried. Love that Grace song too! Have a great weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am actually super surprised that you have JUST recently told your friends about this place, haha! Here I am all the way down in North Carolina trying (work- slow down! just kidding. but kinda. haha!)to keep up with all your fun happenings! LOL at your freezing cold comment haha that's super awesome that you go out and support and have a blast! I kinda feel like a bad wife because Andre is always asking me to go with him to play golf buuutttt...no thanks. haha! That's a little different than an event like yours though. I end up being the only spouse and just sitting in the cart on my phone hoping I don't go over on my data. HA! Sorry your favorites in your show didn't make it till the end! I'm hoping that doesn't happen to me with DTWS so I feel your pain! haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been writing for a few years now and still like to keep it hidden from some people, such as my current coworkers, in fear of judgement. But I'm also surprised at the number of people that do read it. I was at a friends' wedding in Seattle one time and one of his family member's came up to me (who I had never met) and told me she loved my blog. I was so flattered that she recognized me, and read it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Talking about my blog to my real life friends always makes me so nervous!! Glad they were supportive! :) Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome shares!! I hope you had a nice weekend!


    Amber
    All the Cute 🎀

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is so hard to tell others about the blog, right?! I love that people know about it and support me in it but sometimes I want to write whatever with no worries of offending anyone. I hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete